Anyone vegetarian and why??????????

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

"If God didn't mean for us to eat animals...

Why are they made out of meat?"- Bumper Sticker I saw, LMAO!

u/d (of the tasteless humor class)

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Some metabolisms are built for a meat diet. The problem with obesity (esp. in US) is the impossible amount of processed food Americans eat.

Simplify your life and save money. Learn to cook with whole foods, meat included if you like. Stay the hell away from fast food and the pre-fab microwave meals. By all means don't punish yourself, explore recipies that look interesting.

We will look back on this time and realize that cheap/quick meat, sugary soda, preservative-ridden processed food was addictive and poison. Note I said addictive.

Many nutritional meals can be made in 20 minutes or less. I also found that cooking vegetarian was easier and cheaper than cooking with meat. Take the time and effort to improve your life, its worth it.

• upside/down
    upside/down

zek- funny you mention that some metabolisms are meant for meat. Years ago I was having some bowel trouble and just couldn't see to get "regular". I was eating VERY HEALTHY. A geeky very book smart friend of mine suggested (I didn't believe him) I go back to eating some more meat, as I had pretty much eliminated it for about a year. I wasn't "vegan", just was eating more chicken and lots of fish.

I ate a BIG GREASY burger and voila! Everything worked perfectly again. So now every once in a while I chow down a big old ball of grease just to keep the skids greased! Works for me!

u/d (of the never taken a laxative class)

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Yes, an occasional fish and chips will do the trick nicely too.

For the vegetarians I recommend just the "and chips." Of course there's fennel seed. My god! Other people are reading this!

- quickly logs off -

• Brummie
    Brummie
    My god! Other people are reading this!

- quickly logs off -

Roll on floor laugh out loud

Brummie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Blood-type and continent of origin has a lot to do with needing meat vs being able to be vegitarian. There's a whole semi-science on this. It also includes races/nationalities that develop allergies to newly introduced foods, i.e. alcohol, refined sugar, refined wheat flour and diabetes in Amerindians in the last 200-500 years. Corn allergies in Europeans and Asians. Milk allergies in Asians, etc.

I'm a type-O, the oldest blood type and unable to be vegetarian. My body genetics require meat. I do strive to eat red meat only once or twice a week.

Besides, like U/D said, if God didn't want us to eat animals, S/He wouldn't have made 'em taste so much like meat!

Yes, I know where meat comes from. I've put down and butchered lambs, pigs, and chickens. Here in the US the grocery shopper is so separated from the process it's pathetic. Just go to a central market in Mexico, to the butcher section. It's all right there.

AND I do respect those who choose not to eat meat, for whatever reason. Please just don't criticize my eating of meat, and I won't criticize you for eating fake hamburgers.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm a vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat, poultry or seafood.

Not to mention, I love fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm type B a newer blood type than A. I need to eat meat fish and lamb is suposed to be very good for me. But who knows?

I may one day just turn vegetarian just because I don't like animals to be treated bad who knows?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Brenda, sounds like you're talking about the Blood Type Diet (a moniker that has JWs running) http://www.dadamo.com.

Fake hamburgers! You have a deal.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ezek, I think there are a lot of influences as to what an individual body needs. Not everyone can become vegetarian and be healthy, for many reasons. Yes, I'm quoting the Blood Type Diet, suggested by an oriental trained homeopathic physician.

Devon, that's kewl with me!

Me, I tend to eat seasonally: Salads and fruits in the summer, and soups and cassaroles in the winter. I get too chilled if I eat salad in the winter, unless I eat it after the rest of my dinner. We grill meat year-round.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit