filthy kingdom halls

by what_Truth? 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I've generally found that the Kingdom Hall was extremely neat. And there was always lots of cleaning supplies, and if there weren't, an elder would go out and buy some grudgingly.

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi guys Just for your information nearly 40% of Kingdom Halls in th North of Engalnd are ex churches. for example in Blackburn, Scarborough, Leeds, Sheffield Chesterfield, York, Bradford, Sunderland, Newcastle, Berwick, Chester,Glossop, these I can remmember.

They bought them ,(JW) as they were going cheap, and did not need planning permission for a place of worship. Also many still have ther own graveyards!!!!!!!!!!!

Aikon

• vitty
    vitty

I really begrudged hall cleaning,

Cleaning and polishing stuff that didnt need it

A quick flick over the loos and stuff was all that was needed.

• blondie
    blondie

Who ever had problems between congregations sharing a KH?

I can remember one congregation never cleaned when it was their turn and the first ones to the meeting of the next congregation had to hurry and clean the restrooms and empty the trash. They finally divined that it was the same book study group in that other congregation that wasn't cleaning--the PO's.

For the most part, the KHs were clean if a little plain.

Blondie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I can remember one congregation never cleaned when it was their turn and the first ones to the meeting of the next congregation had to hurry and clean the restrooms and empty the trash.

We shared a hall too, and this happened on more Sunday mornings than I care to think about!

There was a particular incident that frosted me when we were cleaning one day. Our hall had these brass hand rails that went from the ends of the stage over some small steps. I had taken some BRASS cleaner and a clean rag from the supply closet, and was busy polishing the brass.

I couldn't believe it when one of the elders came up and told me I couldn't do that. Only a select few were supposed to touch the brass. (what did they think I was going to DO to it?) They didn't want anyone scratching it. (some brass, huh? LOL)

I don't take offense easily, but I was a bit miffed at that one.

Annie

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

That story reminds me of the first time we went to clean the hall. Our bookstudy was in a town about 15 miles from the kh, but when it was our turn to clean, we went and did it. Anyhow, there was a bunch of kids in our group...several around my age. Their was a fountain in the entrance of the hall that had gold fish in it. Us kids were polishing the rocks around the fountain with Scott's Liquid Gold. Somehow the Liquid Gold got pourd into the goldfish fountain. Of course the fish died. THe adults were all pissed. There were prolly about 7 0r 8 us kids back there ranging in age from 4 to 8. Everybody blamed me and since we were new, none of my denials were listened to. Of course the good little witness kids wouldn't lie, it had to be the new kid. I got a whoopin out of it.

In retrospect, how stupid is it to let a bunch of kids loose with cleaning solvents without supervision?

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

My hall was immaculately clean BUT!!! there was the issue of a pipe that stuck out of the wall in the ladies bathroom that went straight into one of the stalls in the mensroom. I remember peeping through it constantly! That pipe was there until a remodel when I was 18!!! Bet no one else had a peep hole in their hall!!!

Curlygirl

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

Not to offend anyone intentionally, but our Hall had an English and a Spanish Sunday WT study. And for some reason, the Spanish cong would never clean the restrooms. We would come in for our meeing and find the restrooms absolutely filthy. The ladies room was the worst, with used sanitary napkins and poop-filled diapers all over the floor with the EMPTY trashcan standing just a few feet away. Love, Jaypeeto

The stalls at our hall were always coated with boogers. Apparently, the most appropriate contribution from the brothers never made it to the contribution box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit