filthy kingdom halls

by what_Truth? 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I don't know if this is WT policy, but our hall had a policy of assigning bookstudy groups to clean the hall. The few times my family actually showed up (along with anyone else) that the hall was always in a disgusting state, especially the bathroom. The woman's washroom had the most revolting smell you could ever imagine. The men's room had a permanently yellow floor from the many untreated misfires. There was always a shortage of good cleaning supplies, like that one old bottle of Ajax that was clumped up and damn near impossible to get out of the bottle. I wonder if people were stealing supplies or the elders were just cheap.

For the grounds we had this old rickity electric lawnmower that was completly useless, especially since it would constantly stall out in wet grass and it's always raining in Vancouver. Passing by the old hall recently I've noticed that they've paved the entire lot.

I used to wonder how the elders could keep goin on about what a "clean people" we were every convention. Anyone else notice this?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Both! Stealing & Cheap!

u/d

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sounds pretty disgusting. I can't relate though. The halls that I went to were pretty spotless.

J

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The halls I attended were always very clean.

True story: one night at the Service Meeting, an old brother announced that people weren't showing up to clean up the hall from his bookstudy group and he and his wife and a couple of others were having to do all the work.

After the meeting, the brother was walking down the aisle with his wife. As they passed me, they were discussing the friends being deadbeats about hall cleaning. He turned and said to her, "Boy when Armeggedon comes, these lazy brothers and sisters are going to be in for a big surprise."

I went home and pondered a god so impatient that he would destroy people for not showing up to clean a KH.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I must choose my words carefully ... The structure we congregated in was sanitary.

The building's filth was displayed in other ways.

Kwin

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

To be honest the hall I went to was spotless, maybe too clean.

However I was in one congregation where the hall was an old church building complete with graveyard. By law the graves could not be removed.

The brothers would let the brambles and grass grow over so no one could see them.

I thought that was disgusting.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I always got roped into cleaning the bathrooms at the Circut Assemblies. I used to hate the smell of 500 different peoples nasty piss. Our Kingdom Hall was usually pretty clean. I usually never volunteered for cleaning it though. I figured the Circut Assembly was enough.

Dustin

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, ours was usually pretty clean. But whatta you expect when you have a hall that has 50% Janitors?

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Ha, nice one avi.

It was pointless going to clean the hall I went to. The old dears would always Re-Do everything that anyone else did. I think there was a thing going on between them all, so they could judge who was the master cleaner.

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, I forgot, and another 20% Amway salesmen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit