Anyone like me where you still believe in MOST of their doctrines?

by inquirer 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freedom96
    freedom96

The more that I studied the WTS and what they do and have done, and study other religions as well, I realized finally that the WTS does not have the truth. Not even close.

There is nothing that would make me go back.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I actually still have the three Witness core beliefs. I still disbelieve in the trinity. I still disbelieve in immortality of the soul. I still disbelieve in hell. Oh, and I still believe the Watch Tower is not inspired. Guess that's four huh?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think its in your best interest in spirtual growth to broaden out in your views of the world and look into other takes on the Bible. As witnesses we were never allowed to think of the Bible as being anything but the literal inspired word of God. A great book to read is 'Who Wrote the Bible?', you can order it from Amazon and read some reviews.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes

No Trinity

No Hellfire

Some form of minisrty incumbent on christians

No Fornication etc (though I would not disfelloship for)

Regular spiritual feeding is good for you

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

144,000 is merely symbolic of the relative small number of natural Jews who would convert to Christianity compared the "great crowd" of Gentiles who would become Christians...For cryin' out load, John even lists the "tribes" of these Jewish converts, is that not a big enough hint?

Its the same analogy as Jesus' "little flock" and "other sheep", meaning the natural Jews who convert are small in comparison to the number of Gentile or non-Jewish Christians..

And look at the makeup of Christianity today - the vast majority of the Christian religions are non-Jews.

It just goes to show that Jesus knew what he was talking about . its the JW's which twist and screw everything up.

This is not rocket science! Read the Gospel without the JW poison and you'll be surprised in what you find!

• heathen
    heathen

despite what the WTBTS says there is an immortality of the soul doctrine in the bible . They do believe that they are the only people to survive armageddon and will never die , now what the hell do you call that fer cryin out loud? The more I look at what the bible is actually saying instead of what the WTBTS says the more and more obvious that they can't get alot of things right .The apostle Paul always talked as if when he died he was going straight to heaven to be with the lord .From what I've seen posted on the board the WTBTS also believes that the 144k leave their fleshly bodies just miliseconds before death , as screwed up as that is it still speaks of immortality of the soul .I don't think that the 144k in revelation is exclusive to the jews , the names of the tribes are not even the same as the old testament . Gentiles were grafted in to the olive branch .

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Okay AFIN, suppose the 144,000 is symbolic. How would you discern the meaning according to JW numerology (a symbolic system of numbers presumed to have real world significance)?

12 x 12 = 144
    10 x 10 x 10 = 1000

(12 x 12) x (10 x 10 x 10) = 144,000

Now we have the parts. What do the parts mean? The Revelation Climax book says:

"2 signifies solidly confirming a matter."

"3 denotes emphasis. Also indicates intensity."

"10 signifies allness of completeness in a physical way, as to things on the earth."

"12 signifies a divinely constituted organization either in the heaven or on the earth."

We have 12 to the power of 2 times 10 to the power of 3.

Using your own numerology [divination] what does the number 144,000 symbolically signify?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was fed the WT doctrine for 29 years,,it has been a gradual process but I do beleive I have shed most of the WT crap. For the first 2 years it seems like every day or week I get rid of another WT piece of indoctrination. When I was finally able to realize that the bible god is just a myth,,many things started to make more sense.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I no longer believe in only reserving rooms from hotels on the Recommended Lodging Lists.

No Apologies

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

A friend in need says that the 144,000 are a definite number. What she doesn't tell you is that they are all described as Jewish virgin men. Rev. 7:4-9 and Rev. 14:4 Guess there won't be any women of the anointed in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit