DA'ing coming up, to speak out now or not?

by meat pie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Looking back, the one thing I wish I would have done before being Da'd was write all my JW "friends" a letter explaining why I was leaving. It probably would have fallen on deaf ears but it would have been satisfying to know that they knew thr truth, not some rumor. Plus, if in the future they desire to leave, I could have left the door open. I believe a lot a JWs want to leave but have no one on the outside to talk to. Probably most in my former congregation think that I want nothing to do with them. It's their religion, not them personally.

• little witch
    little witch

Shirl,

"The truth never hurt nobody" is a common expression here.

Personally, I feel you should stand up and be counted. Calm yourself, and walk right up to the podium. Speak your peace in a calm and rehearsed fashion. The congregation will be in shock but they will have no choice but to listen. Folks will actually wake up and take note. They feel the same as you do. WHo knows, you may start a rebellion.

SPEAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I say talk to as many as you can for as long as you can before they can you!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Sneak back and unplug the sound system before you try to stand up and speak or they will blast the song and drown you out! Sadly I have actually done this before when "apostates" tried to speak...

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

XQsThaiPoes, you said they don't actually tell you that you can't talk to family that are DAd. Where do you see that in the following admonition? (kudos to Blondie for helping me out with references!!)

*** w85 8/15 p. 31 Do You Remember? ***

How did Christians in the first century act toward someone who was not an expelled wrongdoer, but who willfully renounced the Christian way?

The apostle John gave counsel about persons who had ?gone out from among us? and about those who brought false teaching. (1 John 2:19) At 2 John 10 he advised that Christians were not to ?receive such persons into their home? or greet them. The word ?apostasy? is from a Greek word that has the sense of ?desertion, abandonment, or rebellion,? and a person who had willfully and formally disassociated himself from the Christian congregation would have matched such a description. Loyal Christians would not have wanted to fellowship with such an apostate.?7/15, page 31.

*** w85 7/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

A person who had willfully and formally disassociated himself from the congregation would have matched that description. By deliberately repudiating God?s congregation and by renouncing the Christian way, he would have made himself an apostate. A loyal Christian would not have wanted to fellowship with an apostate. Even if they had been friends, when someone repudiated the congregation, apostatizing, he rejected the basis for closeness to the brothers. John made it clear that he himself would not have in his home someone who ?did not have God? and who was ?not of our sort.?

*** w91 4/15 pp. 23-24 Imitate God?s Mercy Today ***

As long as someone is disfellowshipped or disassociated, we need to follow the instruction: ?Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.? (1 Corinthians 5:11)

*** w88 4/15 p. 28 Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit ***

The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum, in line with the divine principle: ?Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man.??1 Corinthians 5:11.

*** w83 4/1 p. 24 Reject Apostasy, Cling to the Truth! ***

Moreover, if a dedicated servant of Jehovah were to entertain such a deceptive teacher in his home, he would become ?an accomplice? in the ?wicked deeds? of that person. (The New English Bible) Therefore, no loyal modern-day witness of Jehovah would greet a disfellowshipped or disassociated apostate or allow that one to use his Christian home as a place from which to spread doctrinal error. Surely, there would be grave accountability before God if a believer extended hospitality to an apostate and this resulted in the spiritual death of a fellow worshiper of Jehovah.?Compare Romans 16:17, 18; 2 Timothy 3:6, 7.

• Mary
    Mary

I'd do a letter to everyone at the Hall telling them about the UN scandal and cover up and that you're getting kicked out for telling the truth. I'd mention a few website for them to log on to if any of them want to know the truth about The Truth.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    I've heard it said that we rarely regret the things we do but the things we don't do.

I love it!

hey XQ:

and MegaDude shutup!
    a personal friend of yours?
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

The Edge : Any decent JWs, especially those who like you, will probably find out/know why you are D'Ad - I personally wouldn't bother contacting anyone (but that's just me), because it will only reinforce their 'case' that you are a trouble maker, apostate, desperate, etc.

Yeah ...

I feel like you are strong enough to not care more than that (I feel like you are a I need to stand my ground type true to yourself) well here you go !

• ko38
    ko38

I would remind the elders of their responsibilities.To shepherd the flock and keep it without reproach right?

Well you didnt bring the reproach,the society did.Remind them that Jesus would not support the pharisees and their self serving practices of self promotion.Why would a local group of faithful witnesses take a stand contrary to the very essence of Jesus' teaching?

By becoming a supporter of the UN they comprimised their bond with Jehova in order to further growth of a corporation and acted in the same fashion as those pharisees that Jesus said were offspring of vipers.

Aloving Christ like attitude would be for the Elders to do the proper research on the matter before any discipline be handed out.Lest they be guilty of stumbling the least of these my little ones.

I WOULD REMIND THEM OF THEIR BOUNDRIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY TO JEHOVA FOR THEIR ACTIONS.

Please sick em will ya?..........................................Good luck........Ken.............ps I love saying good luck again

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Shirley -

Go for it! What is to lose? After tonight they will shut you out.

You could speak to some at the meeting before the announcement and tell them you want to send them a letter - would they please read it - even though you will be DA'd by the time they get it - that might allow you to get them a bit more info than you could in conversation - since the elders will be watching like a hawk to make sure you don't get to say much!

Just My Opinion

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit