DA'ing coming up, to speak out now or not?

by meat pie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hi there, I know its up to me in the end, but just wondering, what would most of you do? My DA'ing could be tonight, should I take the opportunity (before they can no longer speak to me ) to tell a few jw's that I am being da'd for telling the truth, or not to bother. Does it matter anyway. I haven't been told, but I strongly suspect the elders' visit was kicked off by my telling a female jw about UN thing, and she probably told someone else etc.

To cut to the chase I told the elders that in no way do I consider myself a JW and I know the GB is corrupt and therefore cannot represent God.But I had told them that many times before, over a few years.

So, should I ring the woman I spoke to most recently, she might be feeling bad about the whole thing,she is a 'part-time'JW, the only one in her family.Or should I just leave her to come to her own conclusions?

Then there's my neighbour and her dad who studied with me, he's a MS who told me he doesn't believe many JW teachings, just goes for the crack 'cos he's a bit lonely.But almost every member of their family is JW,even related to the JW paedo in central Scotland, who was talked about on Panorama programme.

Perhaps its a total waste of time.

Cheers, Shirley.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

hey (((Shirley)))

long time, gal!

One question........

.goes for the crack

....what do you guys do during your meetings over there???

I understand that man maybe lonely and want association, but I never heard that phrase before.

I don't have an answer for you about talking to your JW/partime/friend but don't we all wake up at our time schedule? You may want to ring her and tell her she's not responsible for whatever announcement the elders give (the elders are). And since you don't recongize the silly authority the WTBTs thinks it has over you, then whatever silly announcement they make is their silly rules.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and your family.

Hugs,

Joy

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Have I got this right -You are being asked to Disassociate because you expressed concern over the UN thing? What are you supposed to do? JW POSITIVELY encourages members of other religions to question teachings in a bid to find the 'Truth'.

Any decent JWs, especially those who like you, will probably find out/know why you are D'Ad - I personally wouldn't bother contacting anyone (but that's just me), because it will only reinforce their 'case' that you are a trouble maker, apostate, desperate, etc.

I am surprised that an MS is willing to be openly frank about his feelings - but is this allowed as those with 'positions' are immune ? After all, not believing JW teachings IS apostate from the Society's point.

I wish you much luck, and strength - please keep us posted on outcome

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I say go for it!! Better to burn out than to fade away!

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hi Joy! 'the crack' means the chat, someone to talk to, but I like your mind!

Well, I think they had to act on my talking about the UN thing, which is critical of the GB, therefore apostate, but they just wanted me to say I am no longer a JW (of course ) and do not recognise GB as FDS/ God's mouthpiece (obviously) .They didn't say it was the UN thing, I had already told one of the elders who came here Monday, so I told it all again to the other elder. Neither would look at my evidence. I had told another elder before that to not look at the written evidence was superstitious, was he afraid of a bit of paper? He is no longer an elder. Anyway the E's said they had faith in the GB/God it would all sort out in time. Oh yeah... well still not too sure what to do. I also have a knitting machine part velonging to a jw.

Cheers, Shirley.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ok, 2 more questions.

I also have a knitting machine part velonging to a jw.

1. they have knitting machines? You mean I can throw away all those needles??

2. let the JW ask for it. Remember, it's their sillly rules. (ok, that wasn't a question, sorry)

Carry on, sweetie. You are free.

Joy

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Perhaps its a total waste of time.

Shirley, aka meat pie:

It might not be a total waste of time. I hear a lot of ex-JWs tell stories about so-and-so being DFd for such and such non-offense, and how it helped them to realize that the b0rg were corrupt....helped them to get the courage to leave. You never know. Your story might help current JWs see the real truth about their religion cult.

[[applause]] Congratulations on speaking the truth and leaving the b0rg! Now life begins.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello again, Joy, my Mum first bought a Knitting machine in 1954 when she was expecting me, I have been m/c knitting for at least 40 years off and on.They are great, I collect old ones, (about 20 ) see ebay.(I'll give you my email address if you ever want to talk knitting machines)

The MS told me privately his lack of belief in an effort to get me 'not to think too much' Ha Ha!

Well, I called 'S', yes she had told Sis D, who is married to a MS, so I explained that the elders obviously didn't want me talking to anyone else, as nothing had changed with me in some years, and that I had done nothing scripturally wrong. She said she hadn't realised it should be kept secret, I said as it was the truth it shouldn't be secret, so I expect she'll get a visit soon. She doesn't go to many meetings and has more things than JW-ism on her mind right now anyway.

I am glad I got that off my chest.

I thought, what's the worst that can happen - she won't speak to me, which is what may happen anyway.

I've heard it said that we rarely regret the things we do but the things we don't do.

Thanks everyone, Shirley.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I am gonna stick my neck out, and Megadude shut up.

They actually don't say becuase you are DAed your family can't talk to you (for various reasons that make them look bad). But they are protected by law to not talk to you. I mean shunning is a civil right just like boycotting. THe problem is you are now "wordly" again and thus can be considered "bad association" or the more incorrect yet borad brushed term "not of our sort". Even thought that verse only applies to "annointed". It really depends on how serious they are, or you are. IT is the JW eqivalent of a spiritual annulment. The collateral damage has to do with how much intimacy was involved.

Many elders plop out DAing as a get out of jail free card. It works wonderfully for people that have no JW family.It allows them to cut their losses. THe problem is guilt. YOur family may feel guilty chilling with you and if they don't someone that wants to antagonize them will always try to leverage it on them. Come to think of it I think it is an social thing. I know some JWs that don'r mind being with a DFed person but DAed people are the devil and vice versa. I think it depends on what they think is a valid excuse.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I say go for it!! Better to burn out than to fade away!+ I wish now that I had stood up in the cong just after the prayer and exposed the hypocrisy the GB is involved in even if I could only say something about the UN and flip flop doctrines they call 'tacking in the wind' before the gestapo elders got to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit