DA'ing coming up, to speak out now or not?

by meat pie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Could be just a total waste of time. Brace for the emotional blackmail (shunning) coming up.

DY

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shirley:
    It could well be a waste of time, but it might be worth the effort to tell old "friends".
    Are you certain they're going for the jugular?
    Either way, I hope I get to catch up with ya soon. It's been far too long

(btw, it's gaelic, and spelt craic )

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

you know Shirley I am with you in thought, its too bad we are so tough on ourselves when we are disfellowshipped or disassociated. But don't let it bother you. But you know what really gets to me, that up until they announce anyones DF or DA your a person that people more than likely love you and speak good of you and after an announcement is made all of a sudden we are the worst of the worst persons on the planet. We in a split second after they announce are considered evil. Apostate or adulteror or whatever. They have no idea why u are being DA/ DF. Tongues will wag all kinds of insults etc and just before that announcement you were one of there bosom brothers or sisters. That Kills me. its so ridiculous. We're good on second and in the next we are considered a piece of you know what. I wonder if Jesus Christ ever felt like that? I know he didn't but just think if he had. Christ epotimized all the superlative qualities that his Father gave him. He was the most forgiving and merciful man. He said we should be like him and show tender mercies. But not a jehovah's witness. No way they hate you and deplore you and think of you as a nothing. They are so judgemental its pathetic. So anyways who the hell wants to belong to an organization that is like the WTS, not me thats for sure and I am sure that is how all of us feel.

I think even if a miracle all of a sudden occoured in the organization and they said that they made a huge mistake by disfellowshipping persons (I know its only a thought) and that they are all welcome back no questions asked, I don't think you'd see a hoard of ex witnesses lining up to go back to the Organization.

Well Shirley you just hang in there and we are a rooting for you sweetie. And in here you'll find some really wonderful forgiving, non judgemental persons.

Love Orangefatcat

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

i made a lengthy post her but it must have goten lost in cyberspace. Just tell them the truth that you were told JWs had the more truth and were cleaner than the christian church, but they are not so you feel lied to. Instead of wasting your time being a boil you are going to DA your self. Since these elder are from planet earth they won't deny the lack of turthfulness used to get people dunked nor will they deny corruption. Tell um you are following the wts advice and "getting out of her".

Also I commented in the lost post that all those qoutes gretchen posted dance around the fact that they dont tell you to shunn DAed people or family mebers. THere was one term "disassociated apostate". If apostacy is a DFing offense that means the person that DAed was not an apostate when they left JWs but became one afterward. Most bizaard thing I herd in a while. Look at the verbage. Instead of saying "Jehovah's witnesses must shunn family members and disassociated persons" they beat around the bush trying to imply it. It reminds me of those disclaimers on car commercials. How come they just don't spell it out? WHy mush they try to make you feel guilty instead of benevolent? Because for a laundry list of reasons they are painted into a corner. If they said that JWs would loose almost every civil case they have in the world because nobody would want them raising kids, or building kingdomhalls in their neighborhoods (and you know NY is all about the rent, infact I wouldnt be supprised if they build halls just to sell them later). It would become a quality of life issue and those can't hide behind religious freedom. Halls would be condemed on most foriegn soil.

• meat pie
    meat pie

L.T. thanks for the spellcheck ! I thought it wasn't quite how I'd written it, at least you know what I mean !

I haven't been in the KH for years and don't intend to. No news yet of ' an announcement '.

In all I have told 3 elders, 1 MS, and 2 women JWs. One of those told another woman JW who would have told her husband, so in that cong of about 40 , that's a sizable percentage.Who knows how many more know via other sources.

But most JWs don't really care, neither are they listening to the talks etc. I think generally, its only the ones who care that leave, the others just shrug their shoulders.

S

• Daughter of Freedom
    Daughter of Freedom

Ooooo. Let me know what happens here. I'm gripped!

I will say though 'GO FOR IT'. Speak now or forever hold your peace!!! I didn't have my say- I just left and let Them do what They wanted about it. I do have almost 'psycho' thoughts now & again of storming the KH and yelling at everyone what a pile of crap it all is, so I would advise that you say what you want now to stop you turning into a crazy loon like me.

Stop The Madness

You will surely feel better for it.

No doubt everyone will think you ARE a loon though for having a mind of your own AND using it!!!

Good luck!

Sarah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit