What was your favorite thing about service?

by Dustin 37 Replies latest jw friends

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

i hate service,the religion ,the brainwashed morons in it,my parents for being so naive...............shit,why ????????????/

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

NOTHING!!!! It was totally embaressing, boring, and possibly depressing time.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I always like it when it ended. Talk about your basic waste of time, talked with an elder about it once and told him when were not given a commission to go out in service. Matt 28: 19, 20 was for the apostles not the disciples, he of course disagreed and so I told him to show me where Jesus had told his "disciples" to go preach, teach and baptize, he couldn't. I haven't been out since.

The D2D work is a complete waste of time, little if any results world wide on it, I think and its my understanding from my experience that most come in by being born to it, have friends or family who are in and started a bible study that way. I have met only 1 possible 2 people who ever came in as a direct result of the D2D work. I had first come acdquainted with this b.s. in 1985 and have regretted it for a couple of years.

• Purza
    Purza
    hated the hell out of service

That sums it up for me!

Purza

• Honesty
    Honesty

Going to a door by myself and talking with the owner of the house (used to call them a householder but I never found that word in a real bible) about their family, job, politics, and Tenessee Football.

Those were the days I really liked going 'out in service' and proclaiming 'judgement on 'Satan's World', whatever that means?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Is this some kind of sick trick question? lol That's like asking what you liked best about a root canal w/o anesthesia!

u/d

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Favorite thing about service? Are you frickin' NUTS?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Once I got baptized, I actually enjoyed service, what I hated was not being able to represent Jehovah in prayer as an unbaptised publisher. It was a very humiliating experience, not being allowed to offer prayers in behalf of a group of sisters.

They would graciously do the cover the cranium thing with the napkin, scarf or whatever article of clothing was available; say their " Oh Jehovah, please get this worthless brother baptised as soon as possible so we sisters don't have to cover our heads with this stupid napkin thingy ". Which pushed me even harder to take 'da dump!!!

One of my favorite things to do, however, was house to house ministry in the well to do territories during Autumn, watching the beautiful colours of the trees during those times, feet crunching the leaves beneath our feet, the cool crisp air, sharing with the folx, these were some of my most treasured moments.

Ah yes, those were the days. Anybody want to do some street witnessing?

• Valis
    Valis

Afterwards if you went to Vincent's Restuarant in Oak Cliff..you could get a really cheap meal, if not for free...AND you got to look at his hot daughters that waited tables there...one of the same hot daughters that ran off w/an elder and got her pregnant....eheheh they showed up a year later or so at a DC...*LOL* sheesh....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• happy camper
    happy camper

I never liked anything about going out in service, it was pure hell. Having to wake up early on Sat. mornings, going out in a small town, being scared that I would go to someone from school's door, (and yes, it did happen to me in the 10th grade) seeing the other little kids watching cartoons while I was standing at the door with my parents. Although I have to admit the coffee breaks were the best thing about it.and of course planning my Sat. night out with my girlfriends(and it usually involved guys, drinking, partying, smoking) that is what we did in service when I was a teenager, plan, plan, plan, usually on how to sneak around so our parents wouldn't find out what we really did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit