What was your favorite thing about service?

by Dustin 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

My JW husband has not been in service for probably 15 years (he did go once in 2004). This past weekend he bought some new gloves and said something about these will be good for "going out in service". I felt like this:

Does ANYONE enjoy it? I just can't imagine. Well, maybe FS IS more enjoyable than a meeting. I just can't stand sitting in a meeting listening to the droning.

Wordly Wife Class

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

My best memory was when a teenage sister slipped down some stairs and her skirt rode up showing her stockings, goodness gracious it took all my will power to hide the tent pole in my trousers.

Not much else was good about it though.

BM

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Just the and breaks. I hated from spot to spot, especially when it was summer and I could be outside swimming!

CG

• FairMind
    FairMind

Back in the olden days I actually liked Field Service. I was full of zeal and able to use the Bible like a two edged sword. I suppose I made more than a few householders and family members angry by slicing and dicing them with the WORD. Now that I know the truth about the truth my enthusiasm for FS is gone.

FairMind

• Dawn
    Dawn

Funny how almost everyone hated FS. And what's good about it? Being forced to give a prepared speel about some topic that you really aren't that sure about anyways? Always hoping not to run into someone who REALLY knows their bible because you can't answer the tough questions.

I hated FS but aux pioneered often because I thought it was what God wanted.

Now that I'm out and go to a basic Christian Church I have discovered that I really do enjoy witnessing - only I do it when the time is right and it just comes from the heart. People are much more receptive to that also - because you're not forcing yourself on them, just sharing something from your own life - just being you - and not judging.

• blondie
    blondie

I liked conducting Bible studies.

I worked in sales for awhile and cold calls were the worst and that is what d2d is.

I liked going on break. I was in some car groups that had this schedule.

Meet at 9, leave for the territory at 10

Work d2d until 10:30

Do RVs until 11:00

Take a break(fast)

Go home at noon

3 hours (count an additional 1/2 hour if you called an RV just before you left the house)

JWs know where all the coffee shops are in town.

Blondie

• tata
    tata

Go and eat after with friends or go to the beach, movie or something like that.

In the first place, that was the reason for me to start preach, my friends always go somewhere after, if I was not preaching, yes you know, I can't go.

• tata
    tata

Ah! And preaching I liked to speak with the person who said that they were in another religion. My answer always were that Jesus speak to all the people with out exception and with the people who said something about blood, because I tell and read them what the bible said about that? Yes, I believe that I was so wise.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Louisiana winters are pretty nasty, because it's always raining, so when I was a kid I used to really like it when we got invited inside where there was heat, and also when the householder had a christmas tree, since I didn't get to see many of them otherwise.

Later on...didn't like anything about it except the breaks.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I hated FS. I was completely addicted to Saturday morning cartoons. FS was waste of a perfectly good Saturday morning. It was bad when I was off school for summer holidays. I had to go even more. It was terrible when the weather was nice. Wearing that sweaty stinky suit in the middle of summer. The first thing I did when I got in the door was change into shorts and a T-shirt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit