What was your favorite thing about service?

by Dustin 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

I used to love break time. Especially if it was afternoon service, and we stopped at Taco Bell. I used to be damn good at eating tacos in the car without spilling anything. It was that one joyful moment of the day when you weren't stressed out or annoyed. My other favorite thing was when somone would start talking shit about somone else. I used to love when somone had a long ass call, and you were sitting around in the car with the congregation gossiper. It was always funny to listen to what they had to say. Then you realized they probably talked shit about you too. So what did you guys like best?

• catchthis
    catchthis

Growing up we had some fun rural territory. A few of us bros had monster 4x4 trucks or broncos and we would volunteer to take on the "rough" roads. We had a divine excuse to go four-wheeling. Those were the days.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Me and a buddy of mine did that out in service. We were way the hell back there on this old snowmobile trail, when we came face to face with a cop. We almost shit our pants when his lights came on. He asked us what we were doing, and we made up some lie about turning down the wrong road. It must have looked really funny as we sat there in our suits, listening to the cop yell at us. I'm sure the "service angels" that were with us were proud.

Dustin

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Coffee breaks were always fun and getting to work in the same car group as some girl I was interested in flirting with was okay I guess. The congregation gossipers were also really funny, but I concur, they did talk shit about me behind my back as well.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Absolutely nothing. Never liked it ever.

Puternut

• Dustin
    Dustin

Hey, I totally forgot abou being in service with the hot chick. That was about the closest I got to being laid while I was a JW.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    Absolutely nothing. Never liked it ever.

HATED every second spent D2D!!!!!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

getting back to the hall and rushing to the safety of my home.

hated the hell out of service

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes coffee break was the best thing about service -here in midwest always seems to be Macdonalds break

• POs Son
    POs Son

Did I mention Coffee Break? We were allowed $3; at the time, McD's had the #2 value meal for $2.99.... woo-hoo... we got to go out to lunch!

Oh, the other thing I liked about service (or "The Ministry" as my grandmother called it).... 12:00 noon. Yep THE END IS COMING... the end of service!

By the way, to all you who grew up Dubs.... there are cartoons on Saturday AM... did you know that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit