Is Wearing a Cross wrong?

by AshtonCA 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Superman, Batman?

Such violence! I could never wear anything symbolic of wanton violence and mayhem and do-goodery. And those vile Smurfs, with their witching ways ... accursed, I tell you.

Besides, the jammies weren't possessed. Well, I suppose I owned them, but other than that they weren't possessed. They were just very mindful about providing food and crops as long as the proper payers and rituals were done before them.

• freedom96
    freedom96

If it means something to you, then wear it.

• heathen
    heathen

oldsoul--- I thought as a jduby you had to go to the elders who had some sort of special powers to rid you of demonz and bring you the blessings of good will hmmmmm never thought of winnie the pooh as being the supreme one LMAO I know tele tubbies are the spawn of satan because of tinky winky and the triangle or the purple color .

• holly
    holly
    Nope, they specifically bowed down on one knee and prayed up to the cross even going so far as to say Oh heavenly cross, we pray to you for guidance, sor something to that effect. I had never seen it done and I was taken aback.

Ash

definitely NOT the way of the baptists. Kneeling down maybe, even praying towards the cross as a reminder, but saying 'heavenly cross'? hmm, bad bad minister or could you have misheard ?

• holly
    holly
    I have heard baptists say they pay tithes of 10% of income to the church and do know they have a television mininstry on sundays and willing to bet they get paid for that as well .

Thats what the church taught me. you had to give 10 percent of your income. i know lots didnt, but i remember the minister of the last church i attended, specifically saying that the montly income was low, and even if the whole congregation were pensioners, it should be 4 times what it was, if everyone was giving ten percent.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I think it is (but who am I to say) as many thousands died on it even Kirk Douglas in Sparticus.

BM

• M.J.
    M.J.

I like Bebu's reply.

Obviously Paul did not metaphorically consider the cross to be a bad thing, but a symbol of triumph. Also, there is plenty of historical evidence for Christ dying on a cross, and no historical support for him dying on a stake. The WTS deceptively has you believe the opposite is true. Look for the topic of the cross under one of the "best of" threads.

Demonizing the cross was another one of Rutherford's tricks to appear different and condemn everyone else, not to mention killing off the remains of Russell's influence. Bible Students had always used the cross and crown symbol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit