Jehover's Witnesses get a taste of karma....

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    in my opinion, yes; we brought it on ourselves. Very plain and simple

How about me? Third generation JW - Indoctrinated from birth.

• franklin J
    franklin J

stevenyc

to clarify my comments about "bringing it on myself" ; the intent was that although I was also raised as a JW and very "theocratic"; my actions are viewed , in hindsite as being very harsh and judgemental.

I make the comments about myself and my experiences. The "bad karma" coming down on the Watchtower organization itself ( the headquarters) I believe is well earned. As a religious organization I believe they deserve the "bad press" that they have been recieving.

The individual treatment of "shunning" I believe is inhuman and I would not wish that on anyone. Although I was and contiunue to be shunned . But my point is that at one time I was the shunner and now the roles are reversed.

Frank

• Dustin
    Dustin

I hate to see bad things happen to people. We are all humans after all. As much as I hate the JW religion and what it does to people, no one deserves to die for their beliefs. I'm very bitter and angry for what the JW's did to me, but it doesn't mean I want to see them tortured and killed.

Dustin

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the proportions were reversed, w jws as a majority, and just a few apostates in their midst, jws would do worse than this. The wt has made the statement to the affect that laws do not permit them to kill apostates as was done in the ot. In a jw majority, i believe that laws to kill apostates would be made.

S

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Franklin J

Interesting thought, I'd never looked at the whole karma thing in reference to what I have done as a JW. You know - shunning, very persuasive regarding the blood issue, etc... I see it as 'not my fault, it was the only thing I knew to be true, and now I may see things differently, I can't be held accountable for my previous actions'

However, (and please let me know if I'm not getting your thought process), this is like claiming ignorance of the law as a defense . We still have our karma to deal with.

Steve

• steve2
    steve2
    How about me? Third generation JW - Indoctrinated from birth.

Hey stevenyc I agree with you. Kharma is one difficult belief to embrace. I can see a link between one's immediate actions and consequences; but the more spiritual/mystical stuff eludes me. Besides, if kharma is a universal law, we would conclude that children who have been sexually abused (including JW children) brought in on themselves. Kharma may be plausible with adults, but children? Come on, Franklin! And, if you have to make exceptions, why stop there. Kharma is Khrazy.

• mama
    mama

It amazes me how ppl who left the org, because of no love, etc, could enjoy reading this, (franklin..hmmm). I read this and thought omg, those poor ppl. I don't care if they are witnesses or whatever inhuman is inhuman. As a mom, the horror of being dragged into a police station with your three children in tow, one a baby, no less, is a terrifying nightmare. Nobody should have to go through that. And as for the deserving part, well, personally I had many bad experiences growing up as a witness BUT if I enjoy seeing them suffer then that makes me no better or no more christian than all those witnesses who love to talk trash when someone is down and out. I feel for any human being who is tortured. And as for karma, if it did exist, the nation of germany wouldn't exist, bill clinton would contract aids, hilary clinton would be president, the united states would be hit by a nuclear bomb with thousands dead, we wouldn't have to punish murderers because it would all come back on em anyway, what a load of crap.

• Scully
    Scully

That sounds horrific. But this part is making me wonder a little:

Jorayeva and her children (8 years, 6 years, and 7 months old) were taken to the police station where she was interrogated by police chief Khemrayev "in a verbally abusive manner". As a result of threats and intimidation, her children were forced to utter the oath of loyalty to Turkmenistan's president Saparmurat Niyazov as well as to recite verses to him. "The children cried while doing this," the Jehovah's Witnesses told Forum 18. The family was released shortly before midnight.

I wonder if there will be any DFings in Turkmenistan over this....

• rebel8
    rebel8

I feel so sorry for the kids. They were forced to participate in the b0rg--they had no choice. Then the gov't abused them for it.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This is tragic and I for one don't like to sit around and gloat about how someone deserved to be treated in this manner. Its a human rights issue and JWs are still human. Yes they will turn in into a campaign around persecution and make some pretty good mileage with that for awhile. But what else I got from this article was that it was "christians" being targeted and I did not get the impression that JWs were the only ones, although no doubt the ones that these fundamentalists hate the most because they are "in their face" with their proseletyzing.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit