Jehover's Witnesses get a taste of karma....

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Sherry you have expressed it so well for me. I share your sentiments.

This is tragic and I for one don't like to sit around and gloat about how someone deserved to be treated in this manner. Its a human rights issue and JWs are still human.

In fact, I would take it further: When a supposedly "worldly" organization such as the UN or Amnesty International steps in and supports the JWs case against persecution, these worldy organizations are in effect modeling an enlightened approach to the Watchtower that all humans not only have rights but are ultimately accountable when they abuse others' rights. In the 1970s, I thought it was ironic that UN agencies stepped in to feed and clothe persecuted and exiled JWs from Malawi; meanwhile, during that stage in the Watchtower's interpretations, the UN was am evil, satanic organization!

Human history is one of using principled reason against dogmatism and endeavouring not to fall back on the hackneyed sentiment that suggests that because a specific group has acted in a cruel manner that all of its members deserve to also be treated cruelly by others.

Let's give the JWs a break in this regard. Imagine: The often hapless JWs simply obey the Watchtower and often experience chronic levels of stress - to say the least - in this regard. Then along comes the heavy-handed law of the land that further oppresses them. And some say, "Huh! Given what the Watchtower teaches, the JWs are geting a taste of their own medicine." Trouble is, it's the rank and file - including chhildren - that are on the receiving end of this, and not the Big Boys from Brooklyn.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

No matter if what religion .. everyone has the right to believe as they want to.

It is disgusting what these people has to endure - reminds me at the Hitler time........what even is worse, this example will be used by the Watchtower to "prove" that they have the Truth.

and it is so stupid, after enough time, creating martyrs always force the balance to the other side

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Turkmenistan. I think we should send some of the Governing Body, and members of the Legal Dept. there immediately to clear this up. Under the protection of the holy spirit, I'm sure this matter can be resolved quickly.

Inmate: "You're Shane Brady from Canada?"

Shane: "Yes I am"

Inmate: "Well on your knees Shane, I have some pro boner work for you to perform"

• steve2
    steve2
    Inmate: "Well on your knees Shane, I have some pro boner work for you to perform"

That's persecution???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit