I Q

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

jeanniebeanz,

Believe it or not - that's what I usually get - I am overwhelmed with frustration after having to put together the 15th combination of three-color equilateral triangles using only 6 toothpicks. Edited to clarify: (So I quit doing the test with a very low score.)

I hope I'll never have to do one of those for real to get a job, etc. as I'll come across as an utter moron.

I'm glad Valis won't get a Mensa certificate either.

Pole

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

my school record said 128

but in 1989 I took an unofficial test which I also gave to 5+ people, and their scores all matched their school scores, but

mine was 153....

I had just lost 80lbs and was feeling top of the world, and I suppose that a retake today would score far lower (^_^)

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Cool! If you have been a member for some time you can verify or correct my instinctual viewpoint. Was my impression correct? Is the "table" primarily a biosocial environment for the ultra-intellects to get together and enjoy discussions on topics that would make the folks back at the office water coolers need to pop some Tylenol or Advil?

yeah, I'd be interested in the answer to that one myself! OS, I think you are right about their snobbishness not being on purpose. I never fit in to my peer group at school either. I was accused of being a snob. They thought I was a social misfit and a geek............I mean, I used to walk around school with books about gorillas and other scientific tomes under my arm.........might as well have had three heads..........I think that's why I felt more comfortable with elderly people.........most of them have reached a non-judgemental level in their lives, and just thought I was entertaining to talk to.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ok so yours are rated on 200 points ... so we our tests do rate totally in a different way in staying on a base of 100 being average (I guess it doesn't change the meaning of the result anyway) I guess they know what they are doing both sides ...

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

I would be very, very interested to know who measured the IQ's of those boasting to have above average ratings.

Is anybody brave enough to mention where they took their IQ tests and what system was used? Online IQ tests are not true IQ tests and do not produce anywhere near accurate measurements. In fact you would be better off trusting a test given to you by a field rodent than trusting an online IQ test.

So, how about everybody who has claimed an over 120 IQ telling us where you were tested, and what method of testing was used.

Best regards - HS

As I said ... According to the IQ test that got me stuck in the gifted program in school - 142. That was in 4th grade, and the program was called DELPHI - Developing Enlightened Learners through the Process of Heuristic Involvement. I'd have to ask my mom, but I'm pretty sure I took the Stanford-Binet LM - they didn't revise until 1986, and I took the test in 1984.

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    That reminds me that a few years ago here in France they had to check twice about how questions were asked to students who had to take an exam to pass the BACCALAUREAT (A degree that I don't know what I can compare it to in your countries)

The baccalaureate is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in the US. I attended a Jesuit college for my undergraduate work - we had a Baccalaureate Mass the day before commencement when I received my BA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit