I Q

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

A tradional IQ test is a very useful tool of measurement and when properly carried out by professionals can be relied on to return a very accurate assessment of a persons academic functions and prospects.

The online tests however are pure pap. They are the equivalent of business-management degrees purchased from suspect Peruvian chop-shops, or claims that you can play jazz guitar in seven minutes by using a special ointment on your fretting finger.

HS

• jwbot
    jwbot

145, and my brother is 148! But we dont use our heads so much. oops!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I had a phycological profile done about 7 years ago for long-term disability (private insurance carrier) and was given a number of tests.

Some questions were verbally asked regarding relationships of items. Other parts of the test included finding logical associations. Some was a computer test. When I was done, the Psych had the assistant administer the advanced reasoning test. I passed all but one section. I almost had the key, too. I was actually answering just the opposit, but I still could not figure out the key.

When I asked what my IQ was, he said that it is really a relative number, but according to his tests I test quite high, especially in reasoning and problem solving (well, duh, I was a software support tech and trainer). When I asked for a number again, he said if he applied that logic I'd be in the 140's.

Most online IQ tests I've seen deal with things a person can be trained or educated in. I am poorly educated, so I score much lower on them.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I grew up with a guy whose IQ was above genius level. This guy was out there in the brain department. Trouble was he had no common sense, nor could he communicate well with people. He came off as an oddball to most people. Having grown up with him, I understood his quirkyness and knew how to communicate with him but I could see the frustration in other people who just couldn't deal with him. Even though he was extremely smart I could see that his IQ didn't mean much without the other everyday abilities that we take for granted when it came to day to day living.

Undercover, I don't know what genius level is, but I've been known to have a lack of common sense and my communication skills are "iffy" at best....often my viewpoint goes way over ppl's heads....and I do come off as an oddball to a lot of people.....so I cover my butt by just producing fluff a lot.

As compensation, since I'm not highly educated, I've a natural "knack" for a ton of skills that other ppl don't have all in one ball of wax.....I can write, I design crocheted garments and afghans and write the patterns, I can do professional manicures and hair, I have a ton of recipes in my brain and can usually copy someone else's dish after taste-testing it, I know fabrics...all sorts of fabrics, I decorate and am quite handy with tools around the house.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    On checking the organization out I realized that they don't do anything, beyond give very smart people a comfortable biosocial atmosphere.

i.e. they are all a buncha intellectual snobs...............

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    sunnygal: i.e. they are all a buncha intellectual snobs...

I don't think it is intentional, but yes, it seems that way to me. My wife and I happened to stay in a hotel while it was hosting a minor Mensa shindig. A group comprised of members unwilling to shell out the dough to attend the monster gala in Vegas stormed a small hotel in the upper mid-west. Beer flowed freely, casual sex between nerds geniuses seemed not too uncommon, there was a strange sort of flailing arrhythmic dancing going on in one of the conference rooms, espoused theories boomed down hallways amidst arguments over the nature of water - seemed like they were having fun.

It was interesting, from an outsider's perspective, but I wouldn't want to attach myself to that group of people any more than I want myself attached to Jehovah's Witnesses. Plenty of talk but they don't do anything, at least not as Mensa in any case.

Peace,
    OldSoul

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

mkr32208=147

my wife=143

YEAH FOR ME!

Ok we took a different one; me 141 her 145... yeah, that one lied!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'd bet that most people on this board (with a few glaring exceptions) are above average! Think about why your here! Your going on to a forum to study and debate about subjects that most people would take one look at and run screaming! Why? Just to learn how many dumba$$es do you know that go out of their way to learn and study? Just think how much reading is REQUIRED to make any sort of response on even one thread? Usually quite a bit! Then you have to THINK about what you read and decide on an intellegent... (sometimes) response! Most people who leave the witnesses don't do this do they? Most just move on, so what makes us want to know why and how we were duped?

Cause' we're smarter than the average bear baby!

I would also be willing to bet that the AVERAGE person on this forum scores MUCH MUCH higher in language skills then they score in math!

Just my .02!

Hey I wonder if reading this site is the equivelent of a college education...

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

"Sam your IQ score is 136" woot?

• Panda
    Panda

I've taken several IQ tests. Mr.Panda has been advised to say that Mrs.Panda's IQ is somewhere over 600 but that no one knows for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit