Facts About Jehovah?s Witnesses

by JerichoForce 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8
    there are a lot of good loving people who are jehovahs witnesses

All JWs are misguided, and are participating in varying degrees to the destruction of other people's psychological well-being. So if you want to classify some of them as "good loving people", go right ahead, but that doesn't change the fact that those same people are doing harm to others.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hi Jericho,

There seems to be a disproportionate number of non-Bible-believing ex-JW's here. I don't know if that's because association with JW's *does* lead to reading the Bible quite a bit, and thus you come to know it has to be bunk, or if it's just that the atheist/agnostic/critic crowd gathered here. But at any rate, "God's word, through and through" folks are not thick on the ground here.

The Bible fell apart for me when I began really thinking about the Noah/Flood story. No way that could have happened. Also, I can't buy the idea of praying for others. Either God helps me 'cause he's willing to, or he doesn't. The idea that he'll only help me after somebody else asks him to is ludicrous, in my opinion.

You wrote: "Lee Stroebel's Case For Christ. he was an investigative journalist"

Man, I could only stomach a few chapters of his "Case For Faith" and I didn't even get through a few pages of "Case For Christ". No insult to you for bringing it up, but if you didn't already *want* to believe what he was saying, those books definitely wouldn't convince you. He plays it up like he's unbiased and just going to get the "real story", gonna hit his interviewees with "tough questions". Then they give him some lame answer and he says, "'Good point,' I thought. I had never heard this before." Why hadn't he heard it, it's the same stuff everyone else says?

Thanks for taking the time to try to save us from the Watchtower. THAT is a very honorable ministry. We're already out, but the effort is appreciated none-the-less.

Dave

• wordlywife
    wordlywife
    The Bible fell apart for me when I began really thinking about the Noah/Flood story. No way that could have happened. Also, I can't buy the idea of praying for others. Either God helps me 'cause he's willing to, or he doesn't. The idea that he'll only help me after somebody else asks him to is ludicrous, in my opinion.

Rah rah rah, AlmostAtheist. This is how I feel exactly. What if an army of folks are praying for me, and what they are praying for doesn't happen? Do I lose faith in my friends? In God for not listening to them? No no no....What about the Auschwitz horror (60th anniversary)? God didn't listen to all those prayers said by millions? Oh yeah, that's the wrong religion, so God won't listen to them. NO NO NO....

Can't understand it at all. Prayer in general. God would already know what I need or want.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I just find it amusing that out of all wrong understandings of JW someone would come up with such irrelevant small matters like they are wrong in the pronunciation. Or he was resurrected in a body or not. Is the holy spirit a person or a force. Cross or pole.

==========================================================================

And I think that the point of that would be that the *WTS* makes a "big deal" out of long-accepted teachings of mainstream churches. THEY are the ones just popping out of the woodwork 100+ years ago, and telling others that THEY are the "only God-approved religion" on the earth, with no valid proof whatsoever.

PRONUNCIATION:

Until I heard of JWs, I don't recall ever hearing any arguments or differing opinion among the clergy as to any pronunciation problems between denominations. The WTS (AFAIK) is the only one who worries about it. It *isn't* anything that is usually quibbled about---except for the WTS.

CHRIST'S BODY;

IS this irrelevant? DOES the bible say one thing and the WTS decides everyone else is wrong and they're right? Do you see a pattern here where the accepted is scoffed at, and the WTS proudly boasts how THEY have "the truth" about these things. *I* think it's relevant.

HOLY SPIRIT;

Again, looking at the bible, it's proven that the HS is more than an "active force". Because the WTS doesn't promote the "trinity", they then had to teach twisted "proofs" to support their ideas.

CROSS:

People have always identified the crucifix and the plain cross as symbols of Christianity. Then, along comes the WTS and conduct "bible studies" telling folks that's all wrong and displeases God. ALL the things pertaining to religion (symbols, etc) or celebrating Christ's birth or his ressurection----are frowned on by God.

The WTS is presumptuous and arrogant. They are also very clever, having purposely duped over six million people into believing their nonsense. That's what makes this all the more despicable.

So in this sense---I don't feel that these issues are unimportant nor do I find it amusing that these basic Christian religious beliefs are trampled on by fanatical old men in Brooklyn.

Annie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A lot of married JWs practice oral sex frequently, but won't admit it.

They frown on tubal ligation or vasectomy as a form of birth control. However, many women and men in there have had these procedures done on them, but won't admit to it for fear of losing their privileges.

And the two statements above are true facts of many JWs.

DY

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Jerico,

Maybe you could give you own opinion on the flood issue. To many (myself included) this account wreaks of legend. It has all the makings of an event, exaggerated to the point of mythology and magic. Some problems this story presents:

**The dimensions of the Ark in Genesis do not allow room for one representative pair of all Earth's creatures. A representative pair of insects alone would fill this space. Yet the Bible presents this as an actual event devoid of symbolism or allegory.

**Exactly how did water cover the Himalayas ?

**Why did God kill everyone on the planet when it's clear he made no effort to guide them?

**Why are kangaroos found only in Australia and not on the continent they supposedly landed on?

-Willy

• undercover
    undercover

Ya gotta love these Bible thumpers that come here thinking they are going to set straight some JWs only to find ex-JWs and then still feel the need to preach to everybody.

I was a JW, I admit it. I was raised in it from birth. I believed it but somewhere along the way I developed doubts and learned the things that you posted on your first few posts. Having already seen the hypocrisy of all other religions, thanks to JWs and my own observations, once I realized that I too was part of a lying, hypocritical religion it was all over for me.

You can preach and quote scriptures all you want, it don't mean shit to me. The first thing you gotta do before you quote scripture is prove that there is a God and this ancient book you keep quoting is his written word. Then, and only then can we discuss the right way to worship whatever God there is.

• Glofishy
    Glofishy
    A lot of married JWs practice oral sex frequently, but won't admit it.

They just discourage that to make it more fun.

hehe just kidding

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is an example of why Jehovah's Witnesses think they can take an evangelical in an even debate. Neither one listens to what the other is saying. I bet they both go to bed at night congratulating themselves at the fine witness they provided.

• glitter
    glitter

I think Jericho Farce got scared off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit