Are ex-jw's or "apostates" addicted to jw-bashing?

by booker-t 74 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

This might seem like a funny question to ask but my mom told me that "apostates" are addicted to jw-bashing and cannot let it go and have a life. I asked her what she meant by this statement and she told me that all ex-jw's talk about is the WTS and JW's and negative things about the JW's. She said that we get up thinking about jw-bashing and go to sleep thinking about jw-bashing just like a drug addict. She even mad a bet with me that I could not go one week without jw-bashing because she feels that I am addicted to jw-bashing. I must admit I have never thought of it as an addiction. Do you think that ex-jw's are addicted to jw-bashing and can we ever get over it and move on with our lives and not bash the WTS? Do you think that you can go a week without jw-bashing?

• avishai
    avishai

Well, many of them are abuse victims. Spiritually, phisically, etc. Would she say the same of a battered wife? A child seual abuse victim?

You don't have a "normal" life, and it keeps popping up how abnormal your life really was. All the damn time. Hence, yeah, it's hard to let go. You get yelled at by your wife and looked at like an alien because you can't set up an x-mas tree correctly. Etc. It's not like you TRY and dwell on it. It's just that when your so damn isolated for all of your formative years, uneducated, socially retarded, it's hard to adjust to "the world" immediately. If ever.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Do you think that you can go a week without jw-bashing?

It's not the jw's, it's their actions that are bashed quite a bit. Believe me, if I come across non-jw's who act in the same destructive manner of the jw's they get a piece of my mind in a hurry too!

I suppose it's like anything, some obsess, some heal and move on relatively quickly just like in abuse cases. It's very individual.

There are people here who are grieving, mad, irritated, apologetic, couldn't give a hoot, amused, sarcastic and everything in between over their jw experiences.

What you have to keep in mind is that everyone has had a different experience and left for a different reason. Your mom is making is a blanket statement wrapped up in a false analogy.

Witnesses are good at that.

Jean

• one
    one

I would like to read a reply/answer posted by a PROFESSIONAL...

OR, a reference quoted.

• Scully
    Scully

Isn't that kind of like asking whether the WTS or formerly Catholic JWs are addicted to bashing the Catholic Church?

• Valis
    Valis

Like I told my mom, who has asked me much the same question. I existed in JWland for 17 years and knew little if anything about the religion I was supposed to love. Now that I am able, I figure JWland can recieve a good amount of scrutiny, and sometimes ridicule from me. At least for as long as I had to be involved with them. She didn't like that answer at all...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dustin
    Dustin

I wouldn't call it an addiction. It just helps to vent about them ruining my childhood. I honestly think the witnesses are addicted to being paranoid about what other people think about them. They're also addicted to feeling they're always right. So I say screw them.

Dustin

• one
    one

"scrutinity", ok

a true bad jw story, ok

a joke or two, ok

anything above that, after x so many years, will have to be explained or rationalized to me by a professional

btw we are talking about XJW, who "seem" to know better than anybody else, usually come here to tell everyone how wrong jw and behave..

• one
    one

... i wonder if "we" bash jw more often during full moon

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I donno, just look at the "active topics" list

Toodles!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit