Keeping the congregation clean?

by heatherg 26 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

Forscher- had the SAME experience,and did the same as you.

Those mofo's actually think it's THEIR congo. I was told to "wait on J", in two different halls with the same sitch. Those tyranical satanists have been the PO's for over 30 years! With no end in sight- well they'll be dead soon from old age. So where is J's hand in all that? Not one ounce of HS that I can see.

Unfortunately it's sitch's like this where "God" shows absolutely NO EVIDENCE that this is His "organization".

u/d

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

OMG, Heather! You gotta call me and tell me more about your little" run in" with him!-April

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    It is what you are now, a Christian? This is what matters to God not what a person used to be.

Fairmind,

You are missing the bigger picture here. Perhaps the guy is repentant, recognizes the error of his ways and will never do such a thing again. IF this is true, good for him, and I personally would shake his hand in congratulations on not being a piece of sh*t anymore.

However, neither you, nor I will ever truly know that for sure. For heatherg's JW parents to give this guy absolution, while at the same time condemning her to a life of "never being forgiven" unless it's in THEIR opinion, based on JW rules, is hypocritical beyond belief.

It goes COMPLETELY against TRUE Christianity (or any other positive belief system out there.) You and Tigerman would do well to understand the whole story, rather than to try to suggest that one side (showing forgiveness) is correct.

Shame on you.

Brad

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

It's all BS...my aunt (my mother's sister), pretty much said she wanted nothing to do with JW religeon any longer, will not attend meetings, associates with my cousin (also DF'd) because she doesn't believe in shunning.....told the elders exactly how she feels, never df'd, however, my mother having knowledge of this, still invites her to come to AZ to stay w/her in her home, a place I'm never welcomed to stay.....because "technically" she's not "DF'd"......it's all hypocritical bs.....

Don't try to make sense of it, there is no logic to it.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

First, for buffalosrfree, I have never been a Witness ( please check bio ) . I think shunning is one of the most hateful things the Witnesses do and there is no excuse for it , no matter what they say. To turn away one's family does nothing but break hearts in the shunned and builds pretentiousness in the shunner . . . it's a lose-lose situation. My comment was about forgiveness and I stand by it. It doesn't matter what anyone has done; if they are truly repentent God will forgive them. Why won't man ?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

What a warped mentality JWs have.

Try not to let it bother you. At some point your family will realize this too.

wanna

• steve2
    steve2

Here is some background information that is relevant to convicted sex offendersd:

The treatment outcome literature in New Zealand and Canada shows that sex offenders who attend relapse prevention treatment units during their prison sentence have a significantly reduced likelihood of reoffending. Did the man participate in any sex treatment programmes in prison?

Although I would also have strong reservations about any child sex offender who has served his sentence having unsupervised access to children, it is important to note that at least in this case, the JW elders would know about his offending. I am more concerned about sex offenders who "slip into" religious groups who know nothing of the offenders backgrounds. In New Zealand, sex offenders are released from prison with strict conditions on their freedom of movement (i.e., no unsupervised access to minors, neighbours notified, not to live within a specified distance from schools or public parks etc). This is "policed" by Probation Officers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit