Keeping the congregation clean?

by heatherg 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

...and what better place than an organization that protects predators...

• metatron
    metatron

Here's another one for you:

A sister gets a bible study with a guy who can only speak a different language. She translates and he consistently seduces

her away from her Witness husband. She gets df'd - but he is not baptised, so everybody is friendly with him, as the usual

'love bombing' goes. The elders say there's nothing they can do. They get married and the C.O. rejoices at getting another

publisher, citing his own family, which involved his sister getting df'd and bringing her new husband in the 'truth'. Ain't it great?

Kingdom increase at work.

Clean? I don't think so. It's all just legalism and pretense.

metatron

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

When I was a teenager, a convicted murderer on death row was studying and was set to get baptized, he ended up flaking out at the last minute because of smoking but he was going to get baptized. It was all just too much for me.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    own parent will talk with this man and accept him, but shun their own daughter.

No mother should abandon their child, it is obscene. Your parents have been brainwashed into a twisted way of reasoning and a false reality.

Sorry you are going through this.

Jean

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Elsewhere?s answer is correct despite it?s sarcasm.

Boy ...are you good.I read Elsewhere's statement too and it just sounded like "The Plain Truth" to me (COG)

But you have rejected Jehover's Organization... that makes you MUCH more unclean than a pervert!

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’m sorry if I offended anyone with my comment about Elsewhere’s sarcasm, especially you Elsewhere. The sarcasm was absolutely in order. I was only making the point that from a scriptural perspective, that what a person has done in their past is not to be held against them. I don’t think though that this would mean that the person shouldn’t be watched closely. If the individual in question is a “true” child molester then he will most likely repeat these kinds of crimes again. If he does, I hope he is caught and imprisoned

FairMind

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

So, many of you are ex-witnesses who now understand the real meaning of ' the truth' ? I don't think so. On this issue, Fairmind, who I believe is still a Witness is the one that makes sense and speaks from the heart.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

my mom told my wife she was more upset about me bing out of the truff then my brother who's serving 3 years for abusing a minor... wtf

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Tigerman areyou really ready to accept a pervert and child molester, you truly must be a dub, still in and carrying your blood card. You speak just like a dead in head dub. duh

• Forscher
    Forscher

"The next flash of light that followed was, of course, that it wasn't MY house." Willyoman

Interesting thought. I had an elder who'd just lied to a C.O. and the Governing Body in order to screw me over (another story for another time when the time comes that I don't care if anybody recognizes who I am) tell me that it was HIS congregation and if I didn't like the way he ran it, then I needed to just walk right out the door and not come back! I knew what he was trying to do, to run me out of the org. (he'd tried to D'f me without success but succeeded in D'fing a family member). But I didn't leave because I was not going to be RUN out, I was going to leave on MY terms, not his.

Of course his choice of words really struck me. It was HIS congregation to do with what he wanted, NOT GOD'S! That was about 20 years ago and I've never forgotten. It was also his congrgation and not mine. And he made the rest of our time there a living hell. His attitude, in my experience, is sadly not unique!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit