I found a big ol' fat lie again in there!

by gumby 179 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

AChristian, I was bashing the bible because of it's lunacy.

I'm sure you'll agree that John the Baptist (jesus cousin) was a realiable source as to how this all went down eh? Maybe if we can first straighten out John (the baptist) we can figure out the original dilema.

The Gospel accounts differ as to the timing of Johns imprisonment.

In the scriptures that we've discussed...John 1:34 and Mark 1:9, both show john (the baptist) baptised Jesus, and heard gods own voice testify the Jesus was gods sent one. Yet, after Johns imprisonment, he evidently totally forgets all about his baptising Jesus and hearing gods voice confirm Jesus identity.

In Matt 11:2 long after jesus baptism, Jesus is instructing the 12 then heads out to Galilee to preach and John here's about it. John sends his diciples to ask ""if Jesus is the one to come or should he expect another". Luke 7:20 says the same.

Why would john need to ask such a question when in the book of John he gives a convincing testimony of what he saw and heard at the baptism, saying Jesus was the lamb of god, and every other kind of adoration you could thinkm of? Did he begin to doubt so soon?

Here's another example of the same kinda crap the bible speaks concerning Johns imprisonment.

Mark 1:14-17 "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee .... Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men."

OR

John 1:40-44, 3:22-24

" One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone. ... After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. For John was not yet cast into prison."

Face it.......big ol' liars penned the bible.

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Gumby did you ever finish reading that Jehovah unmasked booklet? I did. I want to know your thoughts on it. I definitely want to read more on gnosticism.

Sincerely,

Heath'

• gumby
    gumby

Heather......that hat looks cute on you. Is that the same hat "BillyJack" wore? Remember him?

Now, then......I read to about the 6th or 7th chapter on th gnostics and shared the site with another poster here who is also intrested in the same subject. Heck darn.....we'll be havin gnostic fests one-a these days. ..........do they believe in free love?

Gumby

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Gumby

I'd have to say that a few posters did a nice job of harmonizing the two different timelines into a plausible story. (i.e. your original question on desert soujourn or wedding right after baptism?)

But your post showing the discrepancies of when the Baptist was imprisoned and when Jesus called his twelve was excellent! That should be a stumper.

Reading all the different gospels (extracannonical and cannonical) that were written, leaves us with all sorts of conflicts. Were they all just making it up? I'd say yes. I agree with you that is lying in a way. But I think they're making it up in the sense of story-telling and myth-making.

P.S. Was Yoda a gnostic? In Ep.5 he did say something like "luminous beings are we, not this flesh" to Luke.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Heather......that hat looks cute on you. Is that the same hat "BillyJack" wore? Remember him?

Awww shucks, Gumby you sure know how to make a girl feel good. Do you mean THIS hat?

Now, then......I read to about the 6th or 7th chapter on th gnostics and shared the site with another poster here who is also intrested in the same subject.

Gumby, ya can't stop thayer. You haven't gotten to the part where the author compares Jehovah with Donald Duck and Hitler. And you simply must read the Joe Hovah chapter. I am pleased to find that the booklet agrees with what I always say. I do believe 1 John 4:8 that sayeth:"He that does not love has not come to know God because God is love." And I believe that love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13. I believe if somebody says God did or will do some evil, dastardly deed that isn't loving, then somebody is lying. It's very cool that the author of Jehovah Unmasked touches on the that very fact. It's just cool. Print that baby up if you haven't already and commence to finishin' it, Mr. Green But Wearin' No Jeans.

Heck darn.....we'll be havin gnostic fests one-a these days. ..........do they believe in free love?
    I think that's an unintentional prophecy you just made. I think maybe they do give their love freely.
  • Valis
    Valis

GumbyJack..

• Valis
    Valis
    I think that's an unintentional prophecy you just made.

We all know what happens to wierdos who go around making predictions..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gumby Jack, now that's just adorable

Valis, oh man, is that a picture of some kid's vacation bible school Gumby Passion Play? Where the heck did you find that? It's amazing. Or maybe it is your Vacation Bible School Passion Play diarama?

• Rod P
    Rod P

O.K. Gumby. You got a good one there. Why do I get the feeling you just pulled off a kind of "sneak attack" on us all? Heh heh.....!

As Superman said to Lothar while he was being shot into outer space after just having been immobilized by kryptonite, "I'll be back!"

Regards, and touche!

Rod P.

• a Christian
    a Christian

Gumby,

You wrote: In Matt 11:2 long after jesus baptism, Jesus is instructing the 12 then heads out to Galilee to preach and John here's about it. John sends his diciples to ask ""if Jesus is the one to come or should he expect another". Luke 7:20 says the same. Why would john need to ask such a question when in the book of John he gives a convincing testimony of what he saw and heard at the baptism, saying Jesus was the lamb of god, and every other kind of adoration you could think of? Did he begin to doubt so soon?

John may have sent his disciples to Christ with this question, not so much for his own satisfaction as for theirs. John's disciples may have been reluctant to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah, because he eclipsed John. Though John himself was glad to turn over his disciples to Christ, they may have been reluctant to leave him. Perhaps John saw his death approaching, and therefore wanted his disciples to become better acquainted with Christ, under whose guardianship he knew he would leave them.

There are reasonable answers to all such questions, for people who really want them. But if what someone really wants to do is bash the Bible, it seems God had it written in a way that would allow people who wish to find fault plenty of opportunity to do so.

You wrote: Here's another example of the same kinda crap the bible speaks concerning Johns imprisonment. ....... Face it.......big ol' liars penned the bible.

Though I could certainly do so, I see no point in helping you straighten out any more of your alleged Bible contradictions. For you have failed to admit that your first such claim was mistaken after being clearly shown that it was. Thus, to me, you seem to be nothing more than a very typical Bible basher. Make an attack, are proven wrong, refuse to admit it, then make another attack. All the while speaking of the Bible and the God of the Bible in the most disrespectful way.

Maybe someone else here has the time and patience to deal with your trash talk. I don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit