I found a big ol' fat lie again in there!

by gumby 179 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

The word "immediatly" is explicitly in the text. It does not arise from the rendering into English of some Greek verb tense.

The E-sword program gives the following for the word translated as "immediatly" in Mark 1:12.

εὐθύς

euthus

yoo-thoos'

Perhaps from G2095 and G5087; straight, that is, (literally) level, or (figuratively) true; adverbially (of time) at once: - anon, by and by, forthwith, immediately, straightway.

• gumby
    gumby

Gopher...I've actually heard worse christian apologetics.

Gnathead, only old MEN lose their minds? Can you imagine women PMS'ing and writing the bible? Jehovah woulda killed everyone!

Confused...lol. When I'm in the car and tell the driver I have to take a dump .."immediently"!, I don't mean a few days later would be fine.

Scully....in all honesty, and from a biblical perspective, Marks style would allow for skipping from one event to the next without filling the voids yet using the word" immediently". As soon as Leolaia or Nark hops aboard, we'll get to the bottom of this!

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Jehovah woulda killed everyone!

He kinda did kill just about everyone more than once or twice. Did you forget about Jehovah's big a$$ flood or all those golden calf worshippers who were sucked down into the earth like cracker crumbs into an electrolux? There were lots of other times Jehovah killed almost everyone. With Gods like that, who needs enemaies?Hmmmmm?Some God of love that Jehovah is. Leaves one thinking he's an imposter type God. Yeahhhh, that's the ticket.

• Golf
    Golf

So, how many have been sleeping at the meetings?

Guest77

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Oww Gumby, you'll go straight to hell for saying this

Besides....the water over in those neck of the woods is colder than hell at midnight and Jesus wouldna stepped his arse in the water then.

And me too for laughing .... sjeesh, where is the respect for our saviour ....

• avengers
    avengers
    desending on him like a dove

That's a lie! It was not a dove. It was a pigeon!

• aniron
    aniron
    (John 1.32;43: 2.1.2)
    "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him... The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Phillip... And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage."

Notice the opening of v32 ?and John bare record? KJV other versions are ?then John gave his testimony? NIV; ?John testified? NASB ?John clinched his witness with this? The Message; ?John gave further evidence? Amplified Version.

What we have in John is not the ?at the time, on the spot? account, but John is telling later on, he is testifying, of what he saw at Jesus baptism, to others.

This testimony by John would have been after Jesus days in the wilderness. Because John would probably have not known were Jesus went after the baptism. He would have been telling others about what he saw.

Then the next day after telling his followers about Jesus baptism (v35) he sees Jesus and if you like says ?Hey look there?s the guy I was telling you about?.

That then leads into choosing the disciples and the wedding.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Maybe this was support for the Pentecostal idea of "baptism of the Holy Spirit" as a secondary event to water baptism?

Anyhow, ya hoary ole b*st*rd, what are ya still doing reading that bible-stuff so much? Anyone would think you were as obsessed as a Christian or summit!

• Brummie
    Brummie

ok, so let me get this straight, you have a problem with things that are fat? ok, I see. *humph*

or did I miss the point???

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Well wasn't the whole 40 days in the wilderness deal about Jesus being tempted?

Thats an alright plot scene for a less than divine being (be it a more human Son of Man, or a demi-god Son of God).

John if I read him right, makes JC out as God. I really don't see then why one would include a scene of God being tempted. It wouldn't sit right with that particular portrayal of the character.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit