Ok, I got the call. I am going to be DF'd February 3rd

by AlmostAtheist 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Congratulations - you're getting DF'ed for Apostacy!!! That's a reasonably rare one

I would have suggested you appeal at the last moment, to be a real burr in their asses, were it not for the situation with FF. If the CO doesn't ask for too much detail, hopefully they'll let sleeping dogs lay, on that one.

The family stuff sux, as I know only too well, but time will tell what the future will bring...

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I would have suggested you appeal at the last moment, to be a real burr in their asses, were it not for the situation with FF.

If I thought I could hurt or expose the organization somehow, an appeal would be tempting. (Except for drawing their fire and potentially getting FF nailed) But really, an appeal would only waste the time of a half dozen probably-decent guys with families, including me. In the end, the Watchtower presses would continue to grind the bones and blood of its members into paper and ink for its publishing profits, and any noise I made wouldn't be heard over that rumble anyway.

Had I not had the FF situation, I thought it would be cool to invite a member of the press to my JC. I would try to get him in as a "defense witness", since the Elder's book says I can bring along witnesses if I want to. I would imagine, though, that they would still say no. But just the fact that they guy showed up, then was barred entry to their "super secret judicial tribunal" would make for juicy news, particularly when I came out of it with elder quotes like, "I never see anybody happy, not in Jehovah's Organization". But alas and alack, that would make the inlaw's even less amicable toward me, so it was not to be.

D@mn rel... well, I think it's been covered.

Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm sorry for the shunning you'll recieve from your in-laws. Their rules suck to say the least.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry for how your relatives will treat you. But you never know, maybe in time they'll soften and want to reestablish a relationship with you. I hope so.

• avishai
    avishai

Congratulations and I'm sorry!

• Swan
    Swan

Congratulations! Now when the subject arises (like every Christmas) you can tell people that you got kicked out of and shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses for putting Christmas lights on your house! They'll think the JWs are even crazier than they first thought. What a great anecdote at Christmas parties. It's sure to get a lot of laughs.

Tammy

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

You should stand up after the ass..le makes the announcement, and make you own announcement, something as to the fact that you have disfellowshipped the WBTS for membership for some years as a NGO in support of the United Nations. And site several scriptures, then leave.

That would give the R&F something to remember.

• rebel8
    rebel8

OP,

Seriously, you are getting DFd for Christmas decorations? That's it? Have these people nothing better to do?

Well congrats on your DF. Rejection by freaks means you're not as much of a freak as they are. Are you having a DF party? I think you should celebrate it.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I will tell you my new quote,

Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not.

I'm truly sorry, but people all have a choice, they don't have to be followers, if they shun you, it's just as much their fault as it is the WTS.

• Preston
    Preston

Shit....this just isnt your week....hope the rest of 2005 is a bit better. I'm sorry they've decided to make a life or death matter out out of this. Even though you havent met most of us Fry..erm, Almost Atheist, we would never shun you or Gina. Hope you guys make good out of all of this...

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit