Ok, I got the call. I am going to be DF'd February 3rd

by AlmostAtheist 39 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Preach it from the rooftops: YOU WILL BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED IF YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!

I'll bet the WTS doesn't want the world at large to know about that. Not a matter of conscience, Witnesses will be punished

if they disobey.

metatron

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You'll be just fine.

Someday, when I decide to give up this double life, I'll be in the same boat as you are now.

Be well.

DY

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

You know...that's a good idea. I think I'll throw Dave a DF'ing parting. ummm...who to invite. I know Dave will see this post so I'll get his help in deciding who will come and where, when, what and how. I already can think of several ones around here that are exJ's that may like to come. After all, he deserves it because of "play acting" at my JC and helping extend my relationship with my family.

And if anyone is wondering. If my elders decide to "check" these post out. Or try to search on what I've written...I'm preparing a DA letter for myself. Because here's how I figure..if they go through all the trouble checking up on me via the internet on where and what I post, I'll be totally finished with it all together. And if I happen to catch an elder spying on me out and about, that will probably finish it as well. Better yet, I'll make them DF me for writing on an "apostate" site because then I'll ask..."well, where'd you get it from"? (heehee)

FFrog

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    But welcome to the "dark side"!!!

Yeah.........welcome to the Jungle........won't you come right in.............sit right down and grab a brew and cuss a time or two.............we'll all elate at this GREAT DATE..........the day your freedom did begin! (I know it's not perfect, but, whaddya expect for 30 seconds of thought? )

WOOHOO!!!

Sunny who was DF'd for spiritism 6? years ago..........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    It sucks that a religion can hold onto so much power. This df'ing, shunning, must go.

HERE HERE!!!!! (hoisting tankard high) Wake me up when the war starts............I'm much too comfortable to bother right now.............

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Sunny who was DF'd for spiritism

That's a cool one, how'd you swing that?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, what it really was was returning to my roots............when I first started studying, I had already been very interested in "the other side" so to speak.........I knew my horoscope sign and wore a medallion of it around my neck, and I was reading ghost stories, etc. Fast forward 25 years...................................and, I begin to read my daily horoscope at work, with the other employees around the break table.............then, the old passion/fascination for it began to resurface and before I knew it, I was doing all kinds of research on the 'net about astrology, tarot, etc..........and, I was still married........to an elder...........and, we were already having serious marital problems..............and, he found out from the history on the computer what sites I'd been to..........and, like a good "dub" elder, he reported me to his buds..........I had already stopped going to meetings at that point anyways...........and, I had met a "Medicine Woman" at work and went to a "pow-wow" with her and danced and enjoyed every moment of it..........I'm part native american and have always been concious of that fact............and, I started my long journey to my true spiritual belief system............I am a happy, content, joyful person now...........the total opposite of what I was as a dub.

Terri

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Good luck! Hopefully your family will come around...or will at least be kind.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

D@mn Religion...!

<Needed to be said again>

So sorry for all the time, energy and emotion that has been sapped from both of you.

D@mn Religion! {I stomped my foot real hard, too. I need to go ice it. Be back tomorrow...!!}

D@mn D@mn D@MN!

-Aude.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

If you're going to be at Mozarts on the 5th, perhaps we can Toast to Your Freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit