Ok, I got the call. I am going to be DF'd February 3rd

by AlmostAtheist 39 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    damn religion! (has anyone said that yet? )

I prefer to borrow the phrase "God Damned forsaken religion"

And to borrow/paraphrase another quote from this board... If there is a God, and he has chosen this people to represent him, then that God is one dumb shit"

• freedom96
    freedom96

It sucks that a religion can hold onto so much power. This df'ing, shunning, must go.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hugs AA and FF.

You guys and the bible have just about convinced me that for the 2nd time in 51 years I'm going to decorate this humble shack from one to the other in lights in November. The Babylon the Great church I've been attending since I told the borg to bite the big one calls it the gift of Christmas because it gives you an opportunity to witness to folks about Jesus even though it really ain't the day he was born. I may even send the KH a Christmas card that wishes them:

Glory to God in the Highest Heaven, and Peace on Earth to People He Favors (CSB)

I guess that pretty much counts them out but they'll think it a compliment anyway.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Dave. If you know the date than you and FF should attend and sit right up at the front of the KH.

Want some inspiration? Read this. Pics are gone but not the attitude and determination Rachel and Steve showed. I bookmarked this thread as "flipping the cong. the bird"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/44212/1.ashx

• z
    z

• Gill
    Gill

Hi there. Sorry to hear your news AlmostAtheist. Hang on in there. At least FF is with you but I understand about the relatives problem. Sorry for any heartache that will cause you. But keep showing them that you're the good guy in all of this.

Best wishes to you and Mrs.

Damn religion!

Gill

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I am going to be DF'd February 3rd

Congrats !!! (... Hell ... you can take it that way)

• Golf
    Golf

Welcome to the 'GREAT CROWD!'

Guest77

• avengers
    avengers
    "He that decorates his home in the way of the pagans come yule-season, let him be treated like pond scum forever and ever. Amen. Selah."

Well Done!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Am not up to speed with the whole story - I understand you took the rap for the Christmas thing - what a hero :) SO now you're d'fed and FreedomFrog isn't, PLEASE don't let this be an issue (I don't know what your situation is, ot how the Elders may or may not try and make it one between you both).

Much Love and Thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit