Ok, I got the call. I am going to be DF'd February 3rd

by AlmostAtheist 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Just got off the phone with the Judicial Committee, the same one that I blew off last Sunday. I wasn't even sure they'd call, but come to think of it, I think that's just what they're supposed to do if I don't show up. They called as a conference call (none of them has been willing to talk to me on the phone alone!) and let me know. It was based on 2 John 7-10, which I believe says, "He that decorates his home in the way of the pagans come yule-season, let him be treated like pond scum forever and ever. Amen. Selah."

I told them that I knew the three of them reasonably well (one was my book study conductor), they were all good, decent guys and if they ever needed me to give me a call. Somehow I think I'll probably not be hearing from them, but it never hurts to ask, right?

FFrog and I will pop down to the in-law's this weekend for a final visit before the ax falls. That should be fun.

I didn't want it to go this way, I wanted to be left alone, keep access to my inlaw's. D@mn religion.

Dave

• prophecor
    prophecor

Wish you well in your journey across the border Dave.

Art

• Satanus
    Satanus

That's a bitch. My condolences.

S

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    FFrog and I will pop down to the in-law's this weekend for a final visit before the ax falls. That should be fun.

I didn't want it to go this way, I wanted to be left alone, keep access to my inlaw's. D@mn religion.

i'm sorry... those jerkfaces.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Dave,

Sorry to hear about that!

But welcome to the "dark side"!!!

Brad

• Scully
    Scully

Amazing that child molesters can get away with their vile behaviour and remain JWs in good standing, and you get DFd for putting lights on your house.

So much for Jehovah being the god of righteousness, eh?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sorry to hear that, Dave. Hope FF is okay. You're about to go 'into it', but it does ease with time.

J

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well Dave. In your frame of mind, this announcement is like a "high" ontop of a "high"

Congratulations to you, but there will be some grey days after, but don't let that get you and the Mrs. down, and we are inspired by you, rooting for you, and of course here for you.

xjw_b12

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Thanks, Everybody. I certainly couldn't care less if the general Witness population shunned me, but I'll surely dislike it when her parents and siblings do. <sigh>

D@mn religion.

Did I already say that?

Dave

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs AA and FF.. i know its a pain in the ass at the least. a family life changing event at the most..

damn religion! (has anyone said that yet? )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit