Are Dubs warned about JWD at Meetings?

by Low-Key Lysmith 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I havn't been to a meeting in years. I was just wondering if this site is talked about @ meetings, and/or in the publicatons. I'm sure reproof or disfellowshipping would be instant if a dub was found looking into such "apostacy".

LONG LIVE JWD!!!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Instant DF for going on this site but JWs are careful - they are not usually specific and have never mentioned JWD by name - they just talk about all apostate websites and material and also about the dangers of the internet in general

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I heard a story about Great Britain in the 1980s. A television Channel started putting a Green TRaingle or soemthing similar to warn people that sexual material was going to be on - guess what - the viewing figures soared ! It is true - ask Simon or e-man. So if the society mentioned JWD by name - guess what would happen - loads more would log on and try and view the site - that is why the society are careful and very rarely specific

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Another question. Are elders allowed to look into apostate sites to check up on/get dirt on people who were formerly dubs?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

it shouldn't come to any as a suprise, but the WTS does monitor this site. I guess they need to know what we know first..

Orangefatcat

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I wouldn't put it past my family to check here to see if I was a member. Not that I care, my family knows where I stand, they're just nosey like the rest of their brethren.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Another question. Are elders allowed to look into apostate sites to check up on/get dirt on people who were formerly dubs? I think it would have to be "Bethel Approved" first

• upside/down
    upside/down

The WTS is like the government. If they need to make their case they will break the rules and deal with the fallout later.

Kind of like entering and searching without a search warrant. They always seem to get around it. Don't you guys watch "Law & Order"?

u/d

• coldfish
    coldfish

I've read it in quite a few posts comments about the WTS monitoring sites like this.. is this just paranoia on some members or is there any hard proof that they do come here?

• toladest
    toladest

One way you can tell that they moniter these sites is because whenever there is a real hot topic that gets a lot of attention here the WTS seems to do an article on it in one of the magazines. Like for instance, when their involvment with Hitler came out and documnets were posted to prove it they did a big article on it. Seems to happen a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit