Are Dubs warned about JWD at Meetings?

by Low-Key Lysmith 25 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

No websites are ever mentioned by name but the message is clear - stay away.

In the main the advice is being heeded but I know many are curious to know exactly what it is they are supposed to stay away from. I cannot believe that a younger generation of very computer literate JWs will never stumble across sites like this.

They are fighting a loosing battle.

Eyeslice

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Negative; they say don't go to the internet it's all lies but no specifics if they said don't go to this specific website we would all be locked out due to the massive amount of new users... I think about 70 percent of witnesses want out they just do know how to start... It IS a scary step!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Free flow of information is so wonderful

• JH
    JH

They are warned about the internet in general.

They won't get specific about one site, because curious people will have a peek at it.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Along the lines of what others have posted above, here's a little aside:

About 2 years after I was (for the second and last time) DFd, 2 elders came to my apartment, to "inquire" about me. One of them was an old Bethel roomate.

I'd just recently come on board with JWD, and I told them both that I knew a lot more about what was happening with and within the WTS than either of them.

Talk about "deer-in-the-headlights"...and not a word from them since.

Being the crusty old bastard that I am, I've more than once been inclined to go their KH (just 5 miles from me), stick out my hand and say "Hi, Stan, how are ya? Armageddon hopes treating you well?"

However, I wouldn't do that, especially considering that I know how badly the "Wonderful Life" has turned out for him.

It makes me sad, both for him, and for me.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Being the crusty old bastard that I am, I've more than once been inclined to go their KH (just 5 miles from me), stick out my hand and say "Hi, Stan, how are ya? Armageddon hopes treating you well?"

However, I wouldn't do that, especially considering that I know how badly the "Wonderful Life" has turned out for him.

It makes me sad, both for him, and for me.

Well put.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit