Even stranger than drunken Noah - why did angels want sex with women?

by eyeslice 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Valis
    Valis
    Cannot angels be just as "debased"?

free will perhaps?

• FairMind
    FairMind

Once upon a time I was a Mormon and before being an earthly Mormon I was an angel in heaven. I was called to the earth in the best of Mormon tradition to live a life of abstinence from such things as coffee, tea, alcohol and tobacco but not SEX. I retain some memories of my angelic pre-earthly existence and can recall being grateful that as a human I would find release for my angelic sex drive through having multiple wives.

FM

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Check out this essay. I wish I could give credit to the writer but I can't.

I'm glad I popped in here. I agree, this is a brilliant piece of writing. Oh yeah... I wrote it.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    You should see how big my binder is, as well as word docs. The only problem I have is finding stuff. I've looked for this essay before and couldn't find it, glad I did this time around. It's one of my favorites

I can email you the whole book, if you like.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Actually, there are a number of accounts of goddesses who DID marry mortal men. Eos, goddess of the dawn fell in love with a handsome prince named Tithonus. She knew that, being mortal, he would eventually die, so she asked Zeus to grant him everlasting life. Zeus agreed, and she married him and brought him to her palace in the east, where they spent many joyous years together. However, Eos had forgotten to ask for eternal youth as well, so over time, strength slowly ebbed from Tithonus strong arms and legs, and his deep voice slowly changed to a chirp. He shriveled and shrank to a tiny, wizened old man, but he could not die. He became so small and weak that Eos placed him in a small basket, where he continued to shrink and wither until he turned into a grasshopper, chirping forever. In a related account, Eos sister, Selene was the goddess of the moon. She rides in a silver chariot through the night sky while her brother Helios rests. One night she saw a handsome shepherd named Endymion sleeping. She asked Zeus to grant Endymion eternal sleep, so that he would not age. Zeus granted Selenes wish, and he slept forever, visited by his heavenly lover each night, and having the most wonderful dreams imaginable. And what he dreamed was actually real, as Selene bore many pale, beautiful daughters.

• startingover
    startingover

u/d

I'm sure you have noticed that I didn't write it, Runningman did.

Sex drive 100% hormonal? Says who?

I don't know about 100%, but it sure seems when the chemicals are missing so is the sex drive.

God can't give us something He doesn't have? Says who? Humans have many things "God" doesn't- ie. limititations, physicial bodies,sex etc.

God doesn't have limitations? Bible sure seems to indicate he does. Couldn't find Adam in the garden. Seems like he had a physical body as well if he was walking in the garden.

Angels don't "marry", where does it say they don't have a spiritual equivelant of sex?

I guess anything is possible to imagine. Especailly if you can accept the concept of angels in the first place.

There couldn't have been that many materialized angels- there weren't that many women (or people) for that matter, on the Earth.

Are you referring to the numbers of angel mentioned? I didn't think anything was said about how many materialized.

While debunking the account as pure fiction.... just as with ALL FABLES, do we miss the "moral" of the story or is this BS too?
    There are morals in lots of writings. I'm a little unclear, do you take the bible writings literally or do you debunk them as pure fiction?
    If it's all BS why do you waste your valuable brain power and time even discussing it. Although some things are highly questionable and definitely open to debate and scrutiny, there is still VALUABLE lessons here. I've seen some great legitimate exercises in logic and paradigm shift here... this isn't one of them.
    After accepting it as fact my whole life, examining the bible stories critically is something that I enjoy. And I know I'm not alone. I disagree with your last statement above, I think it is legitimate.
  • Faraon
    Faraon

Startingover,

God can't give us something He doesn't have? Says who? Humans have many things "God" doesn't- ie. limititations, physicial bodies,sex etc.

God doesn't have limitations? Bible sure seems to indicate he does. Couldn't find Adam in the garden. Seems like he had a physical body as well if he was walking in the garden.

Don't forget Exodus 4:24 when the LORD wanted to kill Moses, but was saved when Zipporah threw him a bone meat the foreskin of her son at his feet. Somehow it reminds me of people throwing a piece of meat to dogs when they attack them.

There couldn't have been that many materialized angels- there weren't that many women (or people) for that matter, on the Earth.

Are you referring to the numbers of angel mentioned? I didn't think anything was said about how many materialized.

Well, it seems that Cain built a city for very few women then.

If it's all BS why do you waste your valuable brain power and time even discussing it. Although some things are highly questionable and definitely open to debate and scrutiny, there is still VALUABLE lessons here. I've seen some great legitimate exercises in logic and paradigm shift here... this isn't one of them.

After accepting it as fact my whole life, examining the bible stories critically is something that I enjoy. And I know I'm not alone. I disagree with your last statement above, I think it is legitimate.

That makes (at least) two of us.

• one
    one
    There is no way I would find a female chimp attractive, no matter how good looking she was in her world!.

ROFL

Why not the other way round? Surely there must have been good looking men they could have materialised as women for.

ROFL again

No way - it doesn't make sense. Sex drive is physical, angels are spirit - no hormones = no sex drive.

Eyeslice

I dont buy that, find another argument please, i for one have no wings but i wish i could fly as birds, in fact every so often a dream i can doit... beside some humans turn into animals and behave as such when actually they/we are "designed" to behave as humans...

Besides non of us are/were angels to tell the difference.

Fair,

I retain some memories of my angelic pre-earthly

Tell us more, cant" you? what ever happened to your hard drive data/stories storage capacity and flash 'memories'?, WHY was it mostly all deleted as you became human? how can you make any progress that way?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Some theologians have suggested that the sexual drive in this case was motivated through the desire for power and domination, not sex per se.

Most sexual fantasies are variants on the power game, according to certain sex advice columnists (including Dan Savage of "Santorum" fame).

So the leap from powerhunger to sex is not as far as it might seem.

CZAR

• upside/down
    upside/down
    While debunking the account as pure fiction.... just as with ALL FABLES, do we miss the "moral" of the story or is this BS too?
    There are morals in lots of writings. I'm a little unclear, do you take the bible writings literally or do you debunk them as pure fiction?

I'm not really sure how I take them anymore. If they are "pure" fiction and I come to that conclusion (seems unlikely) than I will drop off this board as there is no point in debunking something I don't bellieve in. Jesus did say (as did some prophets) that certain things would be difficult to understand and require an exerted effort requiring endurance and a prayer for "understanding". Truth can't be the posession of solely the "gifted". It has to be attainable for everyone, or how could there ever be "judgement" by anyone even slightly resembling a "loving" creator?

"I keep on searching, though I may never find it..." - Boston (Long Time) lyrics

"You gotta keep on keepin on..." - Joe Dirt

u/d (of the "dirt" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit