Stumbled Across the Forum

by UncleI 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• UncleI
    UncleI

I stumbled across this forum today as I was looking for information online as it relates to Johnny Carson and the whole John Denver thing that was spread around years ago. It's no surprise that I cant find a single thing on it on the web as I always thought it was an urban legend. Just angers me that things like that spread around and so many people just accept it as truth because a brother or sister told it to them. Kind of like another thing going around about the Tsunami. A picture is circulating that is (to me) obviously a fake of a HUGE wave overtaking a city. I've been hearing "Yeah this brother was in a hotel near the road when he took this picture." Burns me up that people are SOOOO gullable and stupid.

Anyway....that leads me to my story...I've been in the truth since I was 6 years old. I remember the brothers coming to my home to study with my father and mother when I was 6. I am now in my very late 30's. Technically I am still a Witness though inactive for almost 4 years now. My wife and daughter still attend meetings on occasion though its quite seldom now. My wife family has been inactive for close to 10 years. My family is still very strong in the truth. My father is an elder, my mother is a regular pioneer and my 3 sisters are also active in the truth. My story is very long and full of "drama" and I think if I attempted to relay it here online word for word I would have a breakdown. All I can say based on my experience is that I really do think it is the truth BUT, just as in Israels time, the organisation has allowed itself to become corrupted and those who know what the truth is and how things should be done are being pushed out shut down. The meek shall inherit the earth.....well....the ones I see people calling 'strong in the truth' are actually just strong personalities that do what they want the way they want and the real 'meek' ones are just that...too meek to stand up to them. My father is like that....in fact it anger me every day to see how much he gets pushed around in the organisation and in outside things....work, etc. He's been removed as an elder 3 times in his life in 3 different congregations for no other reason than the fact that he went toe to toe with other elders who were doing the wrong thing and he tried to stand up to them and they were the elders we all know who have all the CA and DA parts and have all the connections and all the parties and get togethers where they invite CO and DO's for the show of it all. Not sincere socializing but political maneuvering. In fact one of these people has been known to give considerable "donations" to each CO that visited our congregation each time he had an agenda or issue he needed resolved for him in the congregation. Needless to say...as much as I want to do the 'right' thing I am only being pushed further and further away from the organization and I worry for my wife and daughter and how that may effect them. I'm close to just going back and doing what I can to keep the family peace and keep my wife happy. I truly believe that this world is coming to an end and want my daughter to see the new system but I truly doubt this organization has Jehovahs backing anymore. After all....how could it with all I've seen.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome Uncle.

I believe there is a thread discusing the Carson story.

In fact one of these people has been known to give considerable "donations" to each CO that visited our congregation each time he had an agenda or issue he needed resolved for him in the congregation. Needless to say...as much as I want to do the 'right' thing I am only being pushed further and further away from the organization and I worry for my wife and daughter and how that may effect them. I'm close to just going back and doing what I can to keep the family peace and keep my wife happy. I truly believe that this world is coming to an end and want my daughter to see the new system but I truly doubt this organization has Jehovahs backing anymore. After all....how could it with all I've seen.

Stick around for a while before you decide to go back Please

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well if you're going to "stumble" on the net, there is no better "JW Site" to fall into than this one.

Welcome UncleI

xjw_b12 who is noticing a whole lot of newbie activity here in the last month.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings and welcome. As Stepfanie said, stick around for a while. Browse the forum and read stories that interest you and learn what they've done to cope with their circumstance.

Guest77

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome to the forum UncleI, but if you think the WT organization is the "truth", then you are just as bad as the people you are criticising in the first part of your post.

• Sassy
    Sassy

many of us thought it was the truth, the WT was the truth, it doesn't mean we were bad.. sixy..

but.. once our eyes are opened about the 'real truth'.. then our lives are changed forever. the blind that has been over our faces erased..

but until you see that truth you might not know better...

• bem
    bem

UncleI, welcome if your feeling over whelmed like your story may ensite a break down then you need to stick around. You may be able to eventually tell your story, and survive the break down there are some very nice people here and they will show you compassion and you'll probably hear similar stories to your own. or relate to parts of every story. several eventually get comfortable enough to tell there entire story as they are able to deal with it.

Dorothy

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome, Uncle!

I was in the organization for 20 years -- pioneer, ministerial servant -- but now I have seen that the decisions made by the organization are actually sort of arbitrary and not as Bible-based as I thought. Forbidding birthdays, for instance, due to their negative cast in the Bible, and their pagan origins, but not eye makeup, which has the same negative cast in the Bible and the same pagan origins. I think if you look around a bit here and 'make sure of all things', you'll find there's less truth in "the truth" than we've been led to believe.

Or maybe you won't come to the same conclusions. Either way, you are very welcome here!

Dave

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome to the board!

All I can say based on my experience is that I really do think it is the truth BUT, just as in Israels time, the organisation has allowed itself to become corrupted

Do some reading and you'll realize that it was ALWAYS corrupted. Check out http://www.freeminds.org

• UncleI
    UncleI

Yeah I realized my choice of words and "stumble" did appear to be the appropriate choice.....even though I didnt intend it that way.

Thank you for the welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit