Stumbled Across the Forum

by UncleI 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Valis
    Valis
    I truly doubt this organization has Jehovahs backing anymore.

Why would a jockey switch horses near the end of a race? I mean the Witnesses have always believed they lived in the time of the end right? If this were really the case then god abandonning his "divine channel" scraps all the prophecy stuff, all the 1914 business, no "time of the end", no Armageddon, all consigned to the scrap heap. Seems like god would have to start all over again, find a new people, make new prophecies, etc.. The one question JWs can never answer , except to say "well you just have to be a Witness" is why people who were christ like, lived good lives, studied the bible, and lead clean chaste lives, would die in Armageddon? If the answer is no one can say or that each person will be judged accordingly then WHY would you have to be a Witness? If the only thing that matters in the end is how you live YOUR life there are much more pleasant ways of worship for any believer.

BTW, would you refuse your child a blood transfusion if it were life or death?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• UncleI
    UncleI

"Welcome to the forum UncleI, but if you think the WT organization is the "truth", then you are just as bad as the people you are criticising in the first part of your post. " Just to address this statement....I wasnt trying to say I thought the actuall entity "WT Organization" was the truth....but what I have learned from reading the Bible all these years.... all be it....through the WT organization. I understand many interperitations of the Bible that are tought by the WT are open for serious debate....such as 'birthdays' as was mentioned above....and many others....one of which really 'rubs' me the wrong way was the teaching that we were not to persue a College education several years ago. Why invest time in this system of things that is soon to end....was the teaching. Well...now I'm 30 something and no college education and I cant get a decent stinking job because of it and the society is now encouraging a college education so that we can support our families. That is one that quite frankly pisses me off. But I blame people for that not Jehovah. I understand that He does things in his own time and that we are supposed to be patient, but if as a father I chose not to feed my child just because I could go a day or two without food I risk the health of my child and thats whats happening to so many I think. I've been starving for understanding and support and explanations for the wrong things I've seen around me and I havent seen them.....or maybe I just dont understand the answer. Well...as I read over my post here I see in myself I'm still very confused about what I believe. I'll read more of these posts....and hopefully....make a decision in time that will be best for my family and myself. Will obviously take a long while.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Congrats on arriving at THE place! You will learn a lot and feel good about it, I'm sure. As far as your wife, you stated that she "seldom" attends, and that her family in Inactive. Given that, once you are educated here, and read Crisis of Conscience (have you heard of it?), you will be able to help her see the way out. There are many Christian congregations to visit and find out what the real "truth" is. Just take your time, read read read.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    I'll read more of these posts....and hopefully....make a decision in time that will be best for my family and myself. Will obviously take a long while.

UncleI. There is a wealth of information on this DB and other forums. Be sure to go the links page, for other sites such as Randy Watters site www.freeminds.org

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/28/default.ashx

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Welcome to the forum UncleI, but if you think the WT organization is the "truth", then you are just as bad as the people you are criticising in the first part of your post.

Aww, c'mon. Everyone is where they are at for a reason. Let's not stoop down to getting all judgemental like a lot of folks we all know...

Welcome Uncle. Come to think of it there was a recent post regarding your parallel between the WTS and Ancient Israel: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/83776/1.ashx

Also there were some folks back at Bethel in the 80s who were seeing a lot of trouble in the org but comforted themselves with the same line of reasoning. You can listen to their story here:

Part One

Part Two

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome uncle! You might find this link interesting http://www.607v587.com/

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome!

Take things at your own pace. Don't just accept anything at face value without seeking substantiation and doing a bit of research. If I had only looked up 607 BCE in the public library years ago, I might have realized the truth about "The Truth" much sooner. May I recommend Lady Lee's "The Best of ..." category. The links are available on the main home page.

Best wishes on your journey!

Tammy

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello and welcome, Uncle! Glad to have you on board!

SNG

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    But I blame people for that not Jehovah. I understand that He does things in his own time and that we are supposed to be patient,

You've got some work to do on yourself and your beliefs. I still see a lot of JW training in you.

If you ask me, Armageddon's not coming, there is no Paradise Erf, Christ didn't arrive invisibly in 1914 (if he arrived, why are JWs still celebrating the memorial?)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello Uncle1welcome to the tribe.

I can certainly understand your conflicted thoughts and feelings.

For me, one of the strongest indicators that the wbts itself is to blame, is that they loudly claim to be the only organization on earth that has Gods blessing and that God is their source of information and guidance.

Then one day I looked at all their changes or flip flops regarding organ transplants, false dates for armageddon 1914-1918-1925-1975 and many others.

Then it dawned on me that either God was messed up or the wbts did not have Gods blessing and guidance.

I chose to go with God and put the blame on the wbts.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit