Stumbled Across the Forum

by UncleI 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    many of us thought it was the truth, the WT was the truth, it doesn't mean we were bad.. sixy..

but.. once our eyes are opened about the 'real truth'.. then our lives are changed forever. the blind that has been over our faces erased..

but until you see that truth you might not know better...

I was going to make a comment to Six myself, til I saw Sassy had already...........couldn't put it much better than you have, Sass!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    welcome to the tribe

Yes, Uncle..........welcome to the Happy Tribe of Apostates! (oops, Sunny said that "bad" word!)

Terri

• UncleI
    UncleI

The responses have been a bit overwhelming. Good to know I have an outlet for support. Considering this is the only place I can discuss these things without repercussion. As most of you know, it seems, its a sensitive issue.

btw- here is that picture you asked to see....as it relates to the tsunami http://www.snopes.com/photos/tsunami/tsunami2.asp

• bebu
    bebu

Well, maybe I missed it but nobody posted the Welcome Newbies! thread, which kinda organizes things for you. Uncle1, you might also like looking under Best Of in the subject heading ("Jump To") to find some extremely helpful threads to mull over.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

Oh, and while I'm here:

WELCOME UNCLE1

bebu

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Uncle

Me and my husband are fading. We were both raised as Jw's and lived it for 36 years.

We were both concerned with the hypocrisy issues and the lack of love issues...Jehovah doesn't tolerate either....

When you come to the realization that you can be loyal to God without being in an "organziation"....your anguish will lessen. Your spirituality is not based on meeting or field service....Your spirituality is between you and God...NO one else. Jesus is to be our mediator...not an organization.

I liked what Jgnat said to you, "Do you think the ancient Boreans would consider the JW's the true religion?"...

Hope you enjoy your journey here.

CodeBlue

• UncleI
    UncleI

This information I am reading about the UN and the WTBTS.....am I understanding this correctly? The WTBTS joined the UN as a member of some sort? and they dissaciated themselves from it the year before the UN adopted a policy where they would be publicly sharing information regarding who its members were? Can someone help me to better understand that? THe other threads dont seem to go into detail other than to point me to the UN document and a link that some are claiming may actually be trying to implicate the WTBTS rather than remain neutral/non-biased in its opinion. Thanks in advance.

• jaredg
    jaredg

basically the WTS joined the UN as a NGO (non-governmental organization) back in the day and then it was exposed (in some new paper online). some bros and sis. found out about it and started inquiring. the WTS said that they "were" a member so that they couold use the UN library but have since revoked their association. but after doing some research you'll see that they didn't have to be an NGO to use the library so that claim was false. many epople view this as hypocritical since the bros and sisters in malawi were killed b/c the WTS would let them get a political party card which is not as bad as being a memebr of the UN. i hope that helps.

• happehanna
    happehanna

welcome to this forum

It is a haven for those with doubts about WTBTS.....as you say 'you can disscuss without repercussions'

Independent thinking is a complete no no for a witness, which makes me wonder why God bothered to give us free will at all, if we are supposed to be all JW's.

Please take care of yourself and your family, whilst you make the astounding discovery that they most likely do not have the truth.

• bebu
    bebu

Yes, Uncle1, the WTS secretly became associated with the UN in 1991 as an NGO (non-governmental organization). They renewed this association each year until 2001, when The Guardian published an article exposing the situation. The day after the article, the WTS pulled out as an NGO.

If you look at the document on the UN website, the WTS's application required their SUPPORT and AGREEMENT with the UN philosphy... which was renewed each year. The WTS claims that such support and agreement was not a requirement when they became an NGO (yes, the WTS does admit to being an NGO!!!), but the UN makes it clear that these were required long before 1991. If you read any NGO informational brochure put out by the UN since before 1991, you will see that these requirements are very clearly stated, so they could not simply be missed.

The official excuse by the WTS is the 'need' to have access to the UN's library. They wish you would simply take their word for it. But if you read further, you'll find that affiliation with the UN has never been a requirement for using their library; also, the exact same documents in the UN library are available in locations much nearer to the WTS headquarters.

JWs who learn all of this information must speculate what is really going on here, and if there was really a legitimate reason for the WTS to flagrantly bend its own strict rules.

BTW, I find one point very ironic: that the Watchtower had published in the summer of 1991 a vitriolic, castigating article against Christendom for being such a whore for associating with the UN instead of trusting Jehovah! That is, right at the very time that they were making application to associate with the UN themselves, they had the nerve to publish an absolute denunciation for all others who did.

Must be a theocratic warfare tactic!

Anyway, head on over to www.freeminds.org and follow the links. The details there are well-documented, and not merely biased/urban legend garbage.

Hope you can handle a paradigm shift.

bebu

• fairchild
    fairchild
    (uncle1) All I can say based on my experience is that I really do think it is the truth BUT, just as in Israels time, the organisation has allowed itself to become corrupted and those who know what the truth is and how things should be done are being pushed out shut down.

I believe that. My question is, where do they turn to after they are being pushed out? How do they worship the true God? All by themselves? I don't mean that synically, it is a sincere question. I really want to believe that Jehovah is our God and Christ is our saviour, but I can no longer accept the WTS as my leader. Where do we go from here??

Welcome to the board, Uncle1. Grab a chair and enjoy your stay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit