FreedomFrog's Judicial Committee was today (Not DF'd!)

by AlmostAtheist 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Guys,

FF had her JC today. I was all ready with quotes from the "Pay Attention" book and reasoning to show they should let me sit in on it, but they didn't even object. It went VERY well, couldn't have gone better unless it didn't happen at all.

They wanted to determine that Gina didn't participate in the Christmas celebration. Did you put up the decorations? Did you purchase or give any presents? Did you help put up a tree? Why do you say it made you "uncomfortable" that Dave did these things?

There were other allegations against her, but they only had firsthand knowledge of the Christmas decorations, so that's all they really concentrated on.

Some interesting quotes:

Elder 3: "You can really feel the holy spirit at the meetings." I strongly resisted rolling my eyes at this one.

Elder 3: "You have to carefully avoid spiritual shipwreck, as some people have experienced." This was clearly a stab at me.

Elder 1: "You may receive bad counsel, even from members of your own household." Who? You mean me? ;-)

Elder 1: "Remember, Jesus said, where two or more or gathered in my name, I am there. That means the Kingdom Hall." Really? Is that what Jesus called them?

Elder 3: "Is there anything else bothering your conscience? Anything you'd like to discuss now?" Um, no thanks. I think the stuff you know about should do fine for now.

Elder 3: "Once you start making progress, Satan will turn his sights squarely on you. The attack might even come from members of your own household." Again, I can't help but think they're talking about me. Paranoid, eh?

Elder 3: "Reading the yearbook is like reading a novel." Yeah, pure fiction. I've often thought the same thing.

And the absolute best quote of the entire meeting was from our mostly-silent Elder 2, when trying to prove that this system is getting worse and worse: "Nobody ever says, 'I feel great!' anymore. When I first came into the truth back in the 70's, I heard that a lot. But today nobody says that, not in Jehovah's Organization." I couldn't believe it, did he just admit that nobody in "Jehovah's Organization" feels great? Yep, that's what he said. And of course, he had no idea that he'd actually made a very good point.

As we got up to leave, Elder 3 asked, in regards to my own judicial committee meeting, "I hope we see you Wednesday for your meeting." To which I responded, "No, I won't be here." The look on their faces was absolutely priceless. "You can still meet if you want to, but don't bother on my account." I looked at them for another instant or so -- three deer in the headlights -- and left. The cherry on top was after I said it and turned away, my wife said in a scolding voice, "Honey!" as if I was slapping the very face of Jehovah himself. (You can judge for yourself how sincere my dear wife was in her scolding!)

What a perfect meeting. I can't imagine it going any better! Thanks for all your help and advice.

Dave

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

** Elder 3: "You can really feel the holy spirit at the meetings." I strongly resisted rolling my eyes at this one.

Only if have you a great imagination.

**Elder 3: "You have to carefully avoid spiritual shipwreck, as some people have experienced." This was clearly a stab at me.

So much for respecting the head of her household. Low one.

**Elder 1: "Remember, Jesus said, where two or more or gathered in my name, I am there. That means the Kingdom Hall." Really? Is that what Jesus called them?

Does that apply to anywhere on earth where any two or three are gathered in his name? I would think so. Besides, the KH is where JWs gather in Jah's name, so this is all a crock. (WHO do they address prayers to?????)

GOOD for YOU!!! That got the old "we CONTROL you crap" right out of the way!!!!

**What a perfect meeting. I can't imagine it going any better! Thanks for all your help and advice.

SO glad to hear how well it went!

hugs to you both,

Annie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{ Almost }}} {{{ FreedomFrog }}}

Hallelujah and Amen!

It just (almost) doesn't get any better than that. If you hadn't had this JC to attend, you would never have gotten in the zinger! I am so proud of both of you.

Hugs

Bren

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I am glad FF didn't get DF'd so she can still have contact with her family. Good thing I don't gamble because I would have placed all my money on them treating her like shit and DFing her. ((((AA & FF))))

Glenn

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "Nobody ever says, 'I feel great!' anymore. When I first came into the truth back in the 70's, I heard that a lot. But today nobody says that, not in Jehovah's Organization."

Yep, looks like he's gonna need therapy in the next year or so. Especially when he comes accross the scripture that says "My yoke is light" and then gets all confused.

Thx for sharing this with us, brings back memories. Well dont to the both of you.

Brummie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Congrats, Dave. I'm grinning ear to ear over your comment, 'you can still have it if you want to you self righteous sons a ...' well, since I'm a lady, I won't finish that sentence.

Jean

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    'you can still have it if you want to you self righteous sons a ...'

well, since I'm a lady, I won't finish that sentence.

BITCH!!!!

There...had to be said...I'll say it! Guess I'm no lady. Or maybe just kissing up has made me a bit ill.

• Heatmiser
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Or maybe just kissing up has made me a bit ill.

But you're so GOOD at it!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Thank you dear...at least YOU where the one to have to look like a J@#% A@@.

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit