Did you notice that they were a lot of "rich Witnesses" in the organization

by inquirer 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    Look at P,V, and S if most jws live like that most of the "apostate" sites would have nothing to complain about beside NY goofyness in publications.

What is P, V, and S ???

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No, not really. But then, I grew up in a dirt poor area myself and the elders were just more poor neighbors.

Jean

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Um 3 JWs with lots of money, press, and a unique fashion sense.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

That is interesting...it was the other spectrum at my hall. There were a couple of well off families, but they weren't really RICH by many standards. And all of the elders were either blue collar workers. Even the elder whose father was a president of some university in California (he wasn't a jw) just cleaned offices, and he was a pioneer.

I agree with blondie...it really depends on the area you live in. The city I live in has some very well off people in it. But on my side of the town it is more middle class. I have seen cars in the parking lot at the hall around the corner on sundays, and have seen cars in the parking lot of a KH on the west side of town. There are a lot nicer cars in the lot at the KH on the west side haha

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Actually a few months ago since the wts is promoting college now

As usual, XQ, you are a delusional liar or a troll. You don't know jack about the JWs. You only pretend to because you are obviously mentally ill or a trolling jerk.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Our cong was very mixed, with our own family being well and truly working class tradesmen (Joiner/Carpenters).
    I saw some of the kind of disparity, that you mention, but I wonder what it's got to do with anything. It's not a rule amongst JWs, as even this is variable.

Some rich lauded it over others, some never did anything of the sort. Some poor were content, others were envious. The JWs really are little different from the rest of the world, for all their pretentions.

• freedom96
    freedom96

People are people, and will act like everyone else. You have the nice sincere ones, and the jerks.

There certainly will be ones with more money, however, if you were to study the witnesses as a whole, I have no doubt that they would be among the poorest religions out there, if rated per family income.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I didn't know a lot of rich witnesses....................only one that would be considered really rich, flying to London to go shopping for the weekend..............cruise in Greece for the entire extended family, owned a yacht, had a full time housekeeper.. They left the JW's not too long after we did............no connection.

I knew two or three others who had more money than most people.

• upside/down
    upside/down

There always seemed to be the one or few exceptionally wealthy brothers that EVERYONE admired. Wow, he loves J and is RICH!

Till the F*cker slept with my wife.

He's still "in" and I'm "out" - go figure

u/d

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

There was a well off family in my cong. and they were always willing to give a helping hand to those in need. They were not flashy at all. I still have warm feelings toward that nice couple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit