Anyone Tried Online Dating Sites?

by eljefe 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

((((((((((J-Girl))))))))))...

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm a full member of a dating site - I've been on 3 dates so far with mixed results - still looking. I have actually dated women after meeting in chat rooms as well.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You know, after sleeping on it, I realized it, don't order your women from Amazon.com. Large women don't always have the best sense of humor when they're tired. Heck, as I recall, those Amazons can be pretty impatient with men in general.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    You know, after sleeping on it, I realized it, don't order your women from Amazon.com. Large women don't always have the best sense of humor when they're tired. Heck, as I recall, those Amazons can be pretty impatient with men in general.

Yikes! How do they get them through the post???

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yikes! How do they get them through the post???

I saw it on HBO. They send them in very large wooden crates with lots of excelsior. The only problem is, if you don't like them, you have to pay the return postage.

PS: they can be very pi$$ed after days in a crate. No bathroom, no snackbar, no newstand, splinters in the backside. A girl could get pretty grouchy. (Pssst: Elsewhere, maybe that's the crux of the emotional problems)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

http://www.amazonation.com/AncientAmazons.htm

Like I said, stay away from Amazon dating sites. I read this at the above site:

The Amazons were proud, capable women who firmly worshipped the Goddess. They bowed to no man for any reason. If history has recorded them as war-like and man-haters, consider that men of strictly patriarchal cultures persecuted and killed them for their beliefs, then wrote the histories. The Amazons refused to submit to the loss of their freedom and rights, therefore they were considered to be dangerous and unnatural. Their extinction was brought about by the Greeks and other patriarchal societies because of the Amazon's fierce defense of the matriarchy and the rights of women.

D.J.Conway

(A little humor never hurts.)

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I did and always had success. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or just date different types of guys. I used match.com and went out with several different guys. My area has lots of technology based businesses, so there are a lot of single guys that are technicians, engineers, meaning geeks and dorks. At first I wouldn't date a geek, then found out they are absolutely the best at everything (interpret that any way you want to) so I dated a few engineers and didnt' really click with any of them, but continued to date and finally found my husband. He is the best guy and I got him. He was single, my age, educated, clean cut, no criminal history, good job, funny, no baggage, no kids, and we hit it off right away. He gave me the most romantic proposal EVER and we had the most beautiful wedding 22 months after we met.

So I think there are plenty of sucess stories. It just depends on if you are looking for the guys who are into driving sports cars and working out all the time and are the players, or you want someone that is a real person looking for a relationship. I think there are lots of guys who get on there just to get a one night stand.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"I think there are lots of guys who get on there just to get a one night stand."

That should be edited to read... 'guys and gals'

Regards,

Jim TX

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

was just giving my one sided view as a woman on the sites... but I agree that might be true. I don't know though because I never went in search of any gals.

• ballistic
    ballistic

My one sided view is there are some women on there trying to fleece men for free meals out - and in one case even money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit