Anyone Tried Online Dating Sites?

by eljefe 59 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    oldie's music chat roomsI am not that old yet. I am somewhere in my twenties.

The point is: go to places where you will find people who are interested in the things that you are. You like to read? Join a book club. You like a certain type of music? You like a certain sport or activity? Get my drift? Then look for friends where your interests lie. Volunteer or something. Increase your opportunities to meet people.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    But hey, maybe that's what I need... an online dating service. Especially if its as therapeutic as this site.

You are looking for therapy on a dating site?

Ummm You may need additional treatment after spending some time there. It can be a little odd.

Still some good people there but I wouldn't necessarily call it therapy!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm easy to please. I'll take therapy just about from anywhere except a KH.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, I've tried a "high-end" dating service some time ago... paid a pretty penny.

What did I get? A bunch of HUGE** women with emotional problems.

** When I say HUGE, I'm not kidding... these were some BIG girls.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Never tried it and it would probably scare the crap right out of me. We hear so many stories about on line dating gone wrong. It has been confirmed by different sources that over 50% of people on 'dating sites' are actually married.

I did get together with two different people I had met on line, but not on a dating site per se. The first one had 3 girlfriends (I accidentally found out), and the second one was sooooo deep in debts, he was a compulsive spender and loved E-bay. All this happened last winter, and it made me realize how happy I am with just myself and the cat.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have to agree with you, Fairchild. My 4 cats are loyal, don't scream at me, love to be hugged and cuddled, are cheap to clothe and feed, don't have bad breath or take up a lot of time in the bathroom.

Besides that, I don't think they'll tear my heart out anytime soon.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Maybe you should stay away from BBW sites then? What's wrong? Didn't they like you?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Yes...they increase the speed with which women find you, meet and get to know you, and then crush your souls.

i've got a fast car...(and i won't crush your soul) (and to answer the question, no. too scary)

• talesin
    talesin

I guess you get what you pay for, Else!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I guess you get what you pay for, Else!

Sounds like they did, too. Yikes. I bet they asked for their money back. Who wants to pay to be insulted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit