The Elders Plan On Telling My Mom HOW She Can Spend Time W/My Daughter

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I hope that she´ll tape the conversation so she won´t forget any of the good advice given at the right time, (I´d like to have a copy of the tape)

You should like, get the tape, and put it on RealAudio or something. I'd be totally on board. laters kaykay_mp

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HI MINI.

I OF COURSE DO NOT KNOW ALL THE INS AND OUTS OF YOUR SITUATION AND DO NOT WANT TO BE PUSHY.

HOWEVER IF I WERE YOU AND THESE DODO'S MADE DEMANDS TO COME TO YOUR PROPERTY TO MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR MOM.

I WOULD WAVE A NO TRESPASSING SIGN AT THEM AND TELL THEM IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS WHAT WILL AND WILL NOT HAPPEN IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD.

NO ONE IN YOUR FAMILY, INCLUDING YOUR MOM NEEDS THIS KIND OF HARASSMENT.

IT IS UNKIND, UNLOVING, DAMAGING AND ILLEGAL .

THE ONLY WAY THEY WOULD GAIN ACCESS TO MY PROPERTY WOULD BE TO APOLOGIZE.

Outoftheorg

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Here here !!

Orangefatcat

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

So sorry for your mom, min. An 80 year old woman does not need this kind of stress! I hope your daughter is doing well. I forgot, has she separated herself from the Org? I hope so for sanities sake.

I think a lot of people know my story here BUT....when my non-believing unbaptized but very moral 21 year old daughter got married to a non-JW I was told BY THE ELDERS that once she left our home she would then be considered "worldly association" for me AND we all know what that MEANS! Somehow it was figured out that if I shunned my only daughter, did not attend her wedding and explained to my husband and everyone else in the family and community why this was so, that this would be a great witness to the community and to my family--a fine act that would draw them to Jehovah's Organization!!!

Her Dad is an unbeliever too, but I guess she was guilty by association (me) her mother being a JW and taking her to the meetings all those years. The elders told me that they had prayed and holy spirit had told them that she was a believer in her heart THUS she was guilty of turning against the TRUTH and therefore it was a SIN for her to marry. BUT, she was not qualified to marry a brother, because she was NOT baptised. Another WT catch 22 situation. Total insanity...

cybs

• Odrade
    Odrade

Egos. They don't care who they hurt as long as they make their point. I'm still convinced that they are using her to try and get back at you, Minimus.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I bet Odrade is right on.

Not that this ultimately matters much, but my understanding when I was a Witness was that, while a person who was dating an unbeliever would be marked, once they were married the marking would be removed. The reasoning was that the purpose of marking was to dissuade them from the unscriptural course of marrying an unbeliever; but once the marriage was performed, there was no going back, and therefore no point to continuing the marking.

At least, that's how it was done in the congregation I attended. I understood there was a letter from the WTS about that, but I never saw it, since I was just a lowly MS.

• minimus
    minimus

I really think they BELIEVE they have the God given right to be asses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit