The Elders Plan On Telling My Mom HOW She Can Spend Time W/My Daughter

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I think that the elders realize the influence that you and your inactive family may be having on your mother who is still active and they want to ensure that they keep that influence at a minimum. (no pun intended)

• minimus
    minimus

Telling them to quit it is not what will stop them. I was an elder for years. They dn't care. Actually, the only way for her to continue to get the point is by HER dealing with them. It's a rite of passage,.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I think she enjoys telling them off.

Well, I know how that sheperding call is gonna go. Hope she tells them off good so they'll get the point. When I get to that age, I hope I can still tell people off effectively. laters kaykay_mp

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just think of the power we all will have when we get over our fears and use our real names and post the towns and congregations and names and phone numbers of elders abusing the young and the elderly. Just think what happens when we take stories like Min's to the local newspapers. No editor in the country would walk on a story about church leaders telling a 80 year old woman who has volunteered her labor to the church for free for 40 years when she can visit her married granddaughter under the threat of shunning.

How soon do you all think the abuses would stop if we lost our fear and all went public with it all? Me thinks it would stop pretty soon. The reason it continues to work for the Watch Tower, is we allow it to work by staying silent and anonymous.

• minimus
    minimus

The Society would tell the elders to build a new road or light up a park.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Your mum sounds like my favourite grandma, before she died. She was in her 80's and had spent most of that in the WTS. Towards the end she would say "bugger, bugger, bugger" just to upset her daughter-in-law - LOL
    She just didn't care

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey Little Toe - how you doing? I was just listening to a load of music on the fiddle, thinking of you, no I don't mean I was stealing music!!!

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I hope that she´ll tape the conversation so she won´t forget any of the good advice given at the right time, (I´d like to have a copy of the tape)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

MINIMUS:

Inncense and peppermint:

I couldn't put my feelings the way you did so I will just repeat yours for emphasis.

will outline exactly what and what not she can do with her granddaughter----

well, that sucks with a capital F. who the @##! do they think they are anyway? it's scary the way the sheep just lay down for the elders... i'm no stranger to this BS, but i still am shocked nevertheless every time i read these things...

now that she is marked

Holy toledo, when will this abuse ever stop!! Yes Amazing we should name names I am all for that.

With deep concern for you mom minimus..

Love Orangefatcat..

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Sounds like they are sooo taking the wrong tactic to try to control your mom Min. This "love" is going to make your 80 year old mother tow the line?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit