The end is near!

by pratt1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

garybuss . . ." These are idiots living in a delusion . . . a bad combination." Oh, so truly and succinctly stated.

• Soledad
    Soledad

words spoken by an elder in July 1992:

this old system has absolutely no more than 10 years left!

WTF?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hehe "LAST last days"... oh brother...

• franklin J
    franklin J

...I ran into the mother of an old JW friend. He was one of those not so theocratic types while I was a full time pioneer. He got married young; had a few kids; was miserable and left his wife and kids. He had no job or career; typical menial JW minimum wager

His mother recognized me at the chiropractors office and asked me how I was. When I replied that I was no longer a JW, but had happily built a new life for myself, she scoffed and said " do you know how close we are to the end?"

"really? and how is raymond?"

she replied proudly " oh Raymond is at Gilead"

"Really? And what about his wife and kids, I did not know they allowed families at Gilead.."

She evidently thought better of catching herself in a lie, and her son was clearly the type to have skipped out o child support; and she said to me "..you know I should not even be talking to you".

HAH! Good riddance, Raymonds Mom; and take your preaching with you.

'

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

great story franklin J,im gonna laugh now for a while........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you`ve got your head up your ass,the only end that is close is your own...OUTLAW

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

FranklinJ,

Interesting.

Reviewing this thread I am smiling and grieving at the same time. We are so happy to be free of the CRAP yet am only out about three years and feel sorry for all my dupped friends and relatives.

But then your story about Ramond's mother reminded me that most those people arrogantly scoff at our found freedom and bask happily in their gloomy anticipation of the future, even fabricating reasons to hang on to their fantasy.

I guess I need to let them be.

Jst2laws

• franklin J
    franklin J

just2laws,

keep smiling, Steve....

Frank

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

jim morrison summed it up nicely,,"the futures uncertain,the end is always near"

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In the scripture it says "If that slave should say in his heart " - that is, he does not admit it to others. (Randy says that members of the GB no longer admit to dissent).

"My master is delaying." The WT said that the children of today are the pioneers, PO s, DO 's of the future - how near do they think it is after 130 years??

Why are they making long term investments in the stock markets? In the yearbook about the work in Australia, the brothers over there after WW2 were said to be losing Jehovah's blessing because they relied on business profits to fund the work.

"And keep company with the drunkards." In the Revelationbook Christendom is called a drunken whore, drunk on the blood of the holy ones. As a UN NGO did not the WT have association with them? In Russia and eastern Europe are they not associating by joining with other religious for freedom, because it suits their convenience?

"And beat his fellow slaves" Anyone who exposes them as such, or dissents, is beaten-threatened with DF or DA: Eternal death. QV Silent Lambs, the Bethel scandal in the early 80 s. The attempt to silence the Quotes website which hangs them with their own weasel words.

Yet this slave will be "punished with the greatest severity" In the greek it says "cut into many pieces" The WT is now breaking up into separate organisational groups because of the opposition. Japan bethel refuses to do everything the american way, the service dept and the writing dept are not wholeheartedly in agreement.

I think they have lost their way and are too pig headed to admit it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit