The end is near!

by pratt1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

I went to a funeral this weekend of a much loved older brother. More about that on another tread.

Anyway, some one came up to me and said, that these are "the last of the last days". I nearly fell off my chair in laughter.

What funny sayings have you heard from Dubs, describing the "last days".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I love it when someone comes around saying that the "End Is Near!!!! Any Day Now.... Any Day Now..."

I just ask them when the "cut off" date is so that I can go back and remind them of what they said.... so far no takers on that one... so maybe the end isn't really so near.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've heard the end is imminent from Witnesses my whole life. In the 1950's Witnesses were putting off rational things like shingling the house because Armageddon was sooooooo close. It's an old squeaky violin. These are idiots living in a delusion . . . a bad combination.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

One my dad would say to my mom is "this just might be the President to take us into Armageddon".

Now, of Dubya.....

• JH
    JH

The end is near, but they are already organizing next years assembly, and the one after that...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    One my dad would say to my mom is "this just might be the President to take us into Armageddon".

Now, of Dubya.....

I noticed that mantra was only spoken when Republicans were president, and not Democrats (Even though I was old enough to remember one Dem president) oddly enough. If Reagan didn't take us to armageddon by moving the nukes, then nobody will. Not even if it's President Howard Dean. ****Pops Xanax at the thought.*****

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    In the 1950's Witnesses were putting off rational things like shingling the house because Armageddon was sooooooo close.

And now they are putting 30 year shingles on the KH roofs. Maybe the "powers that be" are not so sure anymore.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Now, of Dubya.....

I noticed that mantra was only spoken when Republicans were president, and not Democrats (Even though I was old enough to remember one Dem president) oddly enough.

Nah, my dad said that about Carter, too.

• blondie
    blondie

These are the last of the last of the "last days." ad naseum (oh, ad infinitum)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Spoken in the later 1970's

"I have been saying that the end is near for a long time, but we can all see that it is very near, after all, it can't last muuch longer, can it"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit