The end is near!

by pratt1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My sister to me. "Terry we are on the threshold of the new system how can you leave now?" That was said to me in 1999 and that threshold has got to be huge, by my estimates it must be a castles threshold.

My grandfather said to our family in 1963. "This old system can't have anymore than 10 years or less."

My mother to me. In 2002 Armaggedom is almost here.

Ya ya ya

So the lives of Jehovah's witnesses has been since its birth..

And those immortal words of Little Chicken, " the sky is falling, tell the king" the sky is falling.

Orangefatcat..

• cab1000
    cab1000

I remember as a child being told the end is so close...get ready...soo close..

Heck, I was excited, these were elders talking..people who KNOW, and know for sure. Heck, they were put in place by GOD so they could never be wrong....

Too bad...I know how kids must feel that there is no Santa Claus.....

• dh
    dh

"This is not the end. This is not the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." (Winston Churchill)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Very well put dh.

Orangefatcat

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

most dubbies heads are stuck right up the governing bodies asses so how on earth can they see if the end is near?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

My mom was told that armageddon was due in 1914. Right around the corner.

Ya see, she was old when she had me, 42 and now I am an old fart. Just turned 69.

Well it didn't happen so then she was told it was to be 1918. Still didn't happen, so they changed it to 1925 didn't happen again. But it is still RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

Then ww2 came about and there was lots of talk about 1942/43, still didn't happen. But it is right around the corner.

Then for many years all I heard is "armageddon is right around the corner". Every time I did something I liked and the wbts condemned it.

Then 1975 was a sure thing. Lots of admonition about going where the need is greater and such, because the end is HERE. Not just right around the corner.

Mom died in 1974 so she didn't get to see armageddon. Right around the corner.

Ya know I didn't get to see it either. Now it is 2005 and I am still here, doing things the wbts condemns and armageddon is right around the corner.

All of my siblings but one will never see armageddon. They died. The one, is still saying that armageddon is right around the corner. He is 82 yrs. now.

I doubt he will ever see armageddon. He would tell me that armageddon is right around the corner, but talking to me is forbidden.

Armageddon is right around the corner huh?

I would laugh at it all, If I didn't feel such sadness about my mom and siblings. Always looking right around the corner.

They missed so much love and happiness, while waiting for the armageddon ,right around the corner.

My dad? He didn't give a rats ass as to what is around the corner. The only sane person in the family.

Outoftheorg

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Fascinating article, Octavia. I'm surprised no one flamed you!

Puter, here let me hold a bucket for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit