Who was told that the New order would be here before......................

by avishai 55 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

When I was about ten I was really scared of having my TB vaccination because all the older kids told us how much it *hurt like your arm was going to drop off* and described gunk coming out of it in minute detail.

I was reassured that the New System would probably be here by then! :)

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

the new order would be here before ......... I left high school in the early 70's.

35 years on, may it will be here before I retire. Happily (is that a JW word?) I have done lots in my life - it could have been such a waste.

Eyeslice

• ddean3673
    ddean3673

I was old enoug to be married, I may as well wait for the new system when all the women would be PERFECT..."imagine what a perfect woman will look like!" - said to be by one of "the anointed"

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was told by my parents and by the Witness people that I would never even go to high school. I graduated eighth grade in 1958 and spend a part of the summer at the international convention in New York City. It turned out nothing the Witnesses told me was true.

During a time I needed to be preparing for life, my parents and the Witness people were preparing me for death. It was a crime.

I compensated but it was a struggle. There's no doubt, they cheated me.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I think it's funny how Witnesses always have this idea that they've got a total handle on the world situation. They put on their international analyst hats, and say, "Yep...the way things are shaping up, I don't see how things can go on much longer. It's looking like about 18 months out right now, maybe quicker depending on what happens in Iraq."

I remember telling a Bible study of mine in high school that I was "pretty sure" the New System was going to be here before we got into 10th grade.

Delusional!

SNG

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

In 1985 i was told I wouldn't make it through college(2 years),armageddon would be here before 1987,this by an elder.

In 1995,the PO in our hall used to say to me he couldn't see it last another 5 years.

Still waiting...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Garybuss

I graduated eighth grade in 1958 and spend a part of the summer at the international convention in New York City.

I was there too, at Yankee Stadium! I was only about 20 months old, though.

• avishai
    avishai
    They put on their international analyst hats, and say, "Yep...the way things are shaping up, I don't see how things can go on much longer. It's looking like about 18 months out right now, maybe quicker depending on what happens in Iraq."

Roflmao

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I was told by the elders in my congregation that I shouldn't worry about finishing college because the end would be here before I could finish it. The funny thing was that one of the elders that told me that had a son and a daughter that were both at college. This was back in 1996, since that talk I never went back to the meetings.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Armagedon would be here by 1975,god said so. The WBTS printed it in thier April,5 1968 Awake and the August,15 1968 Watchtower..On January,1 1976,at the stroke of midnight,WBTS recieved "New Light".. Armagedon was officially cancelled,and all memory of the prediction was erased from very JW who had preached that crap for decades..Ask any JW who lived through this era,if WBTS predicted Armagedon in 1975..I have,they all said no...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit