Who was told that the New order would be here before......................

by avishai 55 Replies latest jw friends

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Mum always told me that I would never end up having to go to highschool "da end will be here before that!!!!" Then mum told me I would never have to get a job yada yada yada ... I lived that way till I was 21 .. I pretty much didn't live life I was playing a waiting game.

• chrissee
    chrissee

My mom started studying when I was 13 and right away she started telling me that Armageddon would be here waaayyy before I graduated high school. Which was in 1986! Then when I did graduate, it was Armageddon would be here before I married, that was in 1991. Then it was it would be here before your kids go to school! they are in 5th & 6th grade now. Since I've faded I haven't heard when Armageddon will be coming. Any ideas?? LOL

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

You ain't the oldest Neon. I remember in '72 working on an assembly hall in London, Ohio (USA) and hearing a talk before the lunch break that in a couple of years if this building doesn't survive the earthquakes during the big A it didn't mean Jehovah was displeased with us. It just went down with everything else. I'm sure that elder has probably died by now. We're still here though, Ain't it great. I quit in my fourth year at the University of Cincinnati in '72 because the end was coming.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My earliest recollections was in 1968. We had a family study with an older woman. I can recall it was an article in the 1968 Watchtower about how this system's end was so close. I think it was the article illustrating the train heading toward the end of the system and at the end of the track the date 1975 with a question mark. I remember how she told us we would not graduate high school or get married in this old system. Well it is now 37 years later and I am still here and that sister has been dead for about 20 years and the good faithful dubs wonder why I have lost faith in an organization based on lies.

Will

• Descender
    Descender

I was told, like everyone else that I wouldn't get through Junior High before Armageddon hit, then High School, but after I graduated High School in 93' my mom never really told me anything else about when the end was coming. Though plenty of people in the hall told me it was a big mistake when I started college because Armageddon was just around the corner and I should be pioneering.

Another instance was in 1996, right before I was disfellowshipped the first time. I was out in service with my best friend and some of my other good friends and a ministerial servant. We were talking about how we'd been told that armageddon would be here at different stages of time throughout our school years by various people and how it hadn't transpired yet. The ministerial servant, who was in his early 40's at the time, was getting uncomfortable and stated that he knew for a fact that the new system would be here by 2000 and if it weren't then he'd be convinced it wasn't the truth. But what really happened is that after 2000 came and went and there was no armageddon, he decided that he was annointed and started partaking at the memorial and now he's treated like royalty wherever he goes. It's quite funny.

On a slight off topic, when I started college and everyone was telling me that it was a bad idea because the end was near I was interested in archeology, and one of the ministerial brothers I was working with told me not be interested in such a thing because it promoted evolution and and the fallacy of dinosaurs, which he said was a government conspiracy to brainwash society to believe evolution because in reality the world was only 7000 years old and there was never such a thing as dinosaurs. It sounded pretty retarded to me at the time, I didn't think that such ignorance still existed in this age.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I sure didn't think the baby I was carrying ______ in Dec. '78 would grow up and have children before the end would come.

Ditto that, but make it 1963. His oldest child is 10 and he is 41.

I was told I would never see age 30.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

When I was a baby in the 60's, my aunt bought me a set of monogramed pencils for school. My mother said, "How silly. She'll never go to school!"

That reminds me, my 20 year reunion should be coming up soon . . .

• Englishman
    Englishman

In 1954, I was told 5 years, 10 years max.

In the 60's I prayed to Jehovah to hold on with the big A, so that someday I could at least see Portsmouth play one season in The Premiership.

He answered my prayers and held off until we eventually made The Premiership in 2003.

Now if he'll just hold off so's I can see Southampton relegated...

Englishman.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was told that I would never graduate high school because the big "A" would come before then -- I graduated in 1991.

I was also told that there was absolutly NO way the world would last to the year 2000.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was told the system would not last another 2 years.

That was in 1977.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit