Dropping attendance and disolving congregations

by RunningMan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I came across a couple of interesting pieces of news yesterday, that I thought you would all find encouraging.

While I was standing in line at MacDonald?s yesterday morning, I ran into a couple of JWs from the other side of town. They were up in my area because (not surprisingly) they were laying tiles at a local bar and the work had to be done on Sunday morning. Anyway, these guys are active dubs, but they don?t know that I?ve faded.

As we conversed, they asked me if I was in one of the congregations that is getting amalgamated. I told them that I don?t go much anymore, which they seemed to accept pretty calmly. They then informed me that one congregation ? xxxxxx, by name ? was being eliminated and the others adjusted. Well, that just happened to by my congregation.

The really surprising thing is that my area is one of the fastest growing parts of the city. This year, our congregation territory will add at least a thousand new residences, yet the dubs can?t keep the hall even half full.

In related news, my mother in law had her two day assembly on the weekend. Attendance peaked at a huge 325 ? that?s less than half of the attendance when I was in that circuit, back in the 80s. And, they?ve increased the size of the territory, too.

Yes, the waters under the old whore are indeed drying up.

• upside/down
    upside/down

We can only hope!

God that's "good news"! LOL

u/d

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Yes, the waters under the old whore are indeed drying up.

I'm sure her local pharamcy has some lubricant to help her with that little problem.

• kls
    kls

Wow Runningman that is great news. No wonder the wt is trying so hard to shut down Quotes web site and others.Ahh the power of the Internet,ain't it great!

• blondie
    blondie

They'll just see it as simplifying as they are doing with the Awake being printed only one edition a month.

They will tell them it is because to create less stress on the elders.

Blondie

• Dansk
    Dansk
    the dubs can’t keep the hall even half full.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

About five years ago, the congregations in the city bought a new piece of land for a kingdom hall. At that time, there were 8 congregations in two halls (a double kingdom hall and a triple assembly hall), so they had the capacity for 10 congregations if everyone shared an auditorium. Their logic was that, based on their growth rate and the growth of the city, it wouldn't be long before they were up to 11 congs and more. So, they bought a piece of land at a pretty good price and set it aside for future development. Little did they know that they were on their way down to 7 congs, rather than up to 11.

A while ago, I noticed the land had a "for sale" sign on the land, and just recently, a new business was built on it. It looks like they've given up on any hope of expansion.

• heathen
    heathen

That is interesting especially after 911 where I've seen being mentioned that around that time they were showing increases , I guess a tsunami just doesn't have the same effect . I've noticed some televangelists using the tsunami as a point for God drawing people in to repent . The WTBTS likes to use these same type of mental gymnastics , I can't wait for the WT or awake article when blondie posts on it . As I've seen on tv some people can get concussions while doing the horse vault , dude slipped and ran face first into the horse knocking himself cold .................

• Mary
    Mary
    They'll just see it as simplifying as they are doing with the Awake being printed only one edition a month. They will tell them it is because to create less stress on the elders.

If they want to create less stress on the elders, then maybe they should get rid the WT Study, the Book Study and 1/2 of the Thursday night meeting.............there's a better chance of Armageddon coming next week than this happening!

• heathen
    heathen

I think they could reduce stress by actually sending gifts of mercy to the people that are spending all their time selling watchtower publicaitons and brain washing people with WTBTS dogma .We are talking a billion dollar corporation here .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit