Do Jehovah's Witnesses keep records on people?

by inquirer 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Descender
    Descender
    I was told the details on the files are very graphic ...if for example it's a case dealing with fornication...they make a note of what positions the act was in, how many orgasms...was it one or were they multiple...how long the act took place...

I wonder if those files are all sticky and stuck together.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Do they keep records on unbaptized publishers who leave the org as well? Do they keep tabs on things you do after you leave?

At my sister's wedding I met up with my old PO (He was the emcee and a close family friend). He asked what I had been up to and I mentioned that I was happily working as the clerk in a sex shop. Do you think he added this little factoid to my record?

Still I wonder. Everyone in my family has left the org except for my sister. Do you think it's possible that they could be getting her to keep tabs on the rest of us? If so what kind of consequences could this have?

Not to sound paranoid, but I am interested to see if they have anything better to do with their time.

• upside/down
    upside/down

My wife was on a JC for F'ing anything that would oblige her. I was SHOCKED and APPALLED when during the interogation they actually asked her how many times, who with, what positions, oral/anal, Threesomes or more, drugs, alcohol, smoking. After hearing it ALL, I was in shock! The answers were off the charts... the details were UNNECESSARY! And those "voyeurs" were taking COPIUS notes! Six months worth of hidden debauchery is a lot, and they wanted to hear it ALL.

She didn't get DF'd (I think the PO had a thing for her too). Almost didn't even get publicly reproved. But word had "leaked" out of her "accomplishments" and an announcement "had" to be made.

How humiliating and embarassing!

Never Again,

u/d Blushy 3

• Raphael
    Raphael

Hi u/d...your post had me rolling on the floor with laughter.Although serious ...and it sounds like you went through hell with your wife, it was funny cos it made me realise just how mindless the whole WBTS system really is, and how we all bought into that at one time...confessing our sins to dirty and obviously very randy old men who probably did get off on a lot of what they heard.

When I was in my teens I had a "problem" with masturbation...I eventually confided in an elder...who counselled me told me how wicked it was , but that I would be forgiven if I was repentant. He said a prayer and told me he would check up on me periodically to see how I was progressing..well about 6 months went by, he never made any checks and I continued to have a "problem" , so I went back to him ...well , biggest mistake ...he threatened to call Bethel, tell all the other elders in the congregation ..and said that I could be disfellowshipped if the problem persisted (in hind sight I think he was trying to scare me into giving up this nasty habit) ... I asked him to pray wih me ..his answer was we have already been down this path...you are just going to have to try harder...he was very harsh, unloving and when I got home I was ready to slit my wrists , I felt like the worst sinner in the world...

I wonder if a file was opened....possibly under the title "wank and file"

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

In my DA-letter I demanded to delete all data.

I got a reply that they keep these data: Name, Congregation, date of DA-announcement, 1 John 2:19, "Other Sheep"

They wrote that the keeping of these data is allowed and other churches would keep them too.

I contacted the Data Protection Authorities and got a reply. They contacted JW headquarters and they admitted to keep data of DA/DF people. They argued it is because many of them would come back.

But they now have to change their articles and have to express a certain time after which they destroy data from a DA/DF person.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I had a JC when I was about 21 after not being around for a few years.I was pissed at the questions they askes an d how they took notes.Also,they asked me a question and I answered softly,because of the embarrassing nature of the question,after I answered ,the interogator said"can you please repeat the answer louder,I couldn't hear."I asked what the difference it was whether I banged 1 girl or more than 1 in a 3 year span.

This next detail is kind of funny now that I look back.I had been partying at work the day of my meeting with the elders,the pressure of everything,my age,my friends,my guilt,my childhood,my confusion was really building up.I think it was a unconciuoss way of rebelling against what I was doing.I can't stress enough how mixed up I was during that time of my life.I quickly faded after that meeting.I do have my habits under control now more than ever thankfully{still not perfect},no thanks to the dubs.I came so close to cancelling that meeting,but went thruogh it anyway.It showed me how ridicoulous I would be living my life for these people.

everything happens for a reason{i guess}

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Good day Inquirer...hope you find things on this site helpful, and interesting.

You try asking if you can see the File they have on you...''It's confidential''....yes, but the information you have is about ME...is it accurate?....''To the best of our knowledge''............I mean what the hell are they deciding to put on peoples file. If they hear a rumour...does that rumour go on file!!??

The more I see and hear, it is so obvious that this autocratic organisation is no better than any other business that has is in existance.

just an addition to some 'excitable' Elders. Before my wife and I got married,(she was Baptized, I wasnt), one elder made a point of calling around one evening. The topic was Oral sex!! What she thought of it, did she (and us) practice it!! So gawd only knows what is on her file...'slurp!'

• frozen one
    frozen one
    I was told the details on the files are very graphic ...if for example it's a case dealing with fornication...they make a note of what positions the act was in, how many orgasms...was it one or were they multiple...how long the act took place...

I guess this is the wbts version of the "X Files."

• inquirer
    inquirer

Thanks for all your help. Even though other churches keep records, I thought that the whole idea of being a Witness was to be a "shining light" in the world. Keeping records is VERY BAD! The only records that they should keep is records pertaining to how many hours of fields service you have done -- all that sort of thing! They shouldn't keep records on conduct! As said before, I have asked people in the past bout it a couple of times, and now I hear it on here... and what can I say? It's all true? They should be "obeying Caesar" in regards to records. If Caesar says no, then they shouldn't! People are concerned with privacy these days, you know. You go to the ATM here and there and everywhere and the bank knows where you've gone and at what time and all that. They know who deposits money in your account as well. The WTS should respect people's privacy and realize that they should be protecting their sheeps' privacy because they should know it's bad, no. 1. No. 2 it's a real problem these days anyway.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I was inactive and did not attend meetings for several years. When returning I was asked to write a history of what I had been doing during those years which I stupidly did. Later I experienced difficulties with a pharisaical elder and was advised by a “friend” elder to write the Society an to be sure to mention the pharisaical elder by name laying bare all his faults, which again I stupidly did. All of my writings (including others besides those mentioned) are on record and used against me to this day. It’s OK though because not being used in the congregation means I have time to do things I really like, such as visiting this website.

FM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit