Do Jehovah's Witnesses keep records on people?

by inquirer 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is TOTALLY TRUE - as a former elder I can confirm it -also read Ray Franz book Crisis of Conscience -he likened it to keeping dirt in a glass storage jar

• Brummie
    Brummie

and just to make a parenthasis (They certainly dont like it when *we* return the favour and keep a record of their sins i.e Organ transplants, false prophecies, lies...etc) Remind a JW of that nexttime they say we are picking flies...

Brummie

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I wonder if those files are all sticky and stuck together.

ohhhh. eeeew. I weep for my file.

laters

kaykay_mp

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Lol - that's AMAZING - so am I to believe that the amount of orgasms experienced during an illicit affair has any bearing on the outcome of the Elders' decision about Disfellowshipping? - ''How many?? - only ONE? why are you wasting OUR time when we could be disfellowshipping someone who had MULTIPLE orgasms in the MISSIONARY position?''

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The WTS is founded on faultfinding. Their history is filled with it. They find fault with churches, governments, businesses, entertainment, media, and essentially everything they do not directly control.

It's to be expected that they would keep detailed records about their members for the purpose of faultfinding. I'd be willing to bet they don't keep records about any good things their members do.

Walter

• inquirer
    inquirer

iiz2cool

The WTS is founded on faultfinding. Their history is filled with it. They find fault with churches, governments, businesses, entertainment, media, and essentially everything they do not directly control.

It's to be expected that they would keep detailed records about their members for the purpose of faultfinding. I'd be willing to bet they don't keep records about any good things their members do.

Walter

What a great post! You hit the nail on the head! :) Good on you man! :)

• inquirer
    inquirer

stillajwexelder

It is TOTALLY TRUE - as a former elder I can confirm it -also read Ray Franz book Crisis of Conscience -he likened it to keeping dirt in a glass storage jar

I might check out that book! Very interesting! :) Thanks for telling me about it! :D

• avengers
    avengers

hey Inquirer.

I'm just a piece of crap in the eyes of the ol' GB and my arguments have no value.
    In my humble opinion though even if it has no value, I think the WT Society (read leaders, GB)
    has lost, so they have named it themself; the "moral issue".

IMO it's not about the mistakes they make (even if they call themself God's Mouthpiece);
    it's the dishonesty, the hypocrisy, the whole attitude when you try to honestly figure out
    how things work together to benefit everyobody, especially your family and other close friends.

I am a forgiving person. If any of my "brothers" would come up to me and asked to forgive him
    almost no matter what it would be and I will have a beer with him.

I trusted the elders in them thar days. They have everything on record about
    the time I was baptized, marriage, and an extensive record about the things that
    happened when we went to the elders for "advice".

In the days before I finally said "I quit", that was in 1999, they used to carry my files into
    the room with a wheelbarrow for another judicial issue.

I requested that all my files be destroyed and my name wiped out.
    They said "okay". According to them there's nothing on record at Bethel.
    Which I don't believe because they wrote me letters and we have had more discussions.
    Maybe they have different levels of security; someone higher in rank (pun intended)
    can acces more than the ones that handle the requests.

example: I would write a letter or phone Bethel and put in a request for my files.
    a week later I would get a call saying there is no file on record at Bethel.
    I tell them there is correspondence with Bethel and yet they say
    there's no record of it.

I know for a fact that in the Kingdom Hall which I used to attend they took out all the files
    since there was arceny. There was one elder who took it home with him.
    Which elder has the files at whose house I don't know at this moment,
    but I know that several years ago in Scandinavia someone figured out which
    elder had the files in his house and the files somehow disappeared.
    (if I'm not mistaken there's a thread about it somewhere)

My experience is that this Org is dishonest and whichever answer they give you; it is
    disputable. The best thing to do is to take as big a distance to these people, as humanly possible,
    because they have the ability to drive perfectly good people nuts. I have seen good men
    turn into robots who are being kept in line by medication. Oh and women too, I can name them
    too.

I doubt that in reality you'll be able to get rid of your files. But who cares?
    So succes in your quest. If you do find a way to get rid of your files keep in touch.

ps.

I think that in most cases recordkeeping is good. Like keeping tabs on a sexual offenders has my support.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit