Do Jehovah's Witnesses keep records on people?

by inquirer 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• inquirer
    inquirer

I have known some people (I dont' know if it's true or not) [and I am the kind of person that doesn't like to cause trouble] who have said that Jehovah's Witnesses keep tabs/records on people. All the things they have done like if they got babtized, personal problems/experiences, arguments they may had with people, and just their general conduct as well. Have any people here found out about a "black book" where they keep records on you? That sounds really in the dumps if that's true!!! I'm only asking, I don't mean to cause trouble, because I know some people are still JW's on here or are JW in heart.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I hope this is the right forum, sorry if it isn't!

• Funchback
    Funchback

There are records kept and maintained on every JW.

But, I am really responding to your thread so that I can say WELCOME!

Brian

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes they do! All yer sins are logged and used against you at any particular time in the future. A lot of KHs can no longer keep the records because of the data protection act but an elder can keep them at his house.

Say 20 years ago you committed adultry and then 20 years later you wanted to go back, they would have it on record what you're sin was back then.

"Love keeps no record of wrongs" Bible.

Brummie

• prophecor
    prophecor

Excellent query inquirer, and I too would like to wish you, welcome aboard!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Yes they do! All yer sins are logged and used against you at any particular time in the future. A lot of KHs can no longer keep the records because of the data protection act but an elder can keep them at his house. Say 20 years ago you committed adultry and then 20 years later you wanted to go back, they would have it on record what you're sin was back then. "Love keeps no record of wrongs" Bible. Brummie --__________________________________________________________- So, I live in Australia, is the Data Protection Act in Australia as well? So, your saying even with this law enforced elders keep the records at home instead? That's rotten! A couple of people have told me that they keep records in the past, and I kinda believed them... but (me personally, I still like the stuff they believe in) but I had all these doubts about them and stuff with things like this. This is unscriptural! Is there any particular Scripture they use to pull out in defense of this policy? :( This is essentially GOSIP. This is UNCHRISTIAN! But oh no! I suppose because they are Jehovah's Witnesses they can get away with anything! I find it difficult to believe in JW doctrine these days. Maybe I could give the story of what happened to me recently. I love Jehovah but hate all this record keeping stuff!! Can't they just forgive if you did something bad? That's VERY CHRISTIAN, you know? How come they don't apply that Scripture in Revelation about there will be no pain anymore and you can't recall it to mind? They should be doing that now! And it's no one's business of what you did or do now! If they are writing records on people... Jehovah is writing record on them!

• Dustin
    Dustin

Welcome aboard. Yeah, they keep records on you. I can only imagine what's in mine.

Dustin

• inquirer
    inquirer

Thanks for welcoming me people! I had a good old laugh with my brother and I told him it was called Jehovah's Witnesses.com And he laughed because you people took their name before they could register it! :D ha ha ha It's pretty funny I think! I think they would hate this site for "taking their name." But it's funny. :D ha ha ha ha How do I quote people on this site? I can't get it to work.

• inquirer
  • Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The congregation secretary has all of the records kept for each publisher. The file basically consists of a publisher's card that has on it your birthdate, whether your a baptized or unbatized publisher, date of baptism, your service records (hours, mags, RVs, for each month), and if it applies whether you're also anointed or inactive.

On top of that basic file, they'll keep any info that has to do with your being reproved or disfellowshipped or your letter of DAing, and they'll als may possess copies of correspondence you sent to WTS headquarters (HQ likes to send copies of them to your congregation's elders particularly if they are insolent --- isn't that nice of them?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit