What do ya do on a boring weekend???

by missy04 51 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04
    anyway, your beadwork sounds cool. i might like to try that sometime. another fun thing to do is latch-hooking. they're little rugs you buy at hobby stores and you just draw the yarn through a grid with a hook and then it makes a picture. i made a rug with Woodstock on it...

I wanna know how to do that!!!!!!!!!!! Where can I get the stuff and how much does ot cost??? I bet Hobby Lobby or Micheals carries that stuff, huh? Sounds like alot of fun!!

~Sarah

• prophecor
    prophecor

Playstation 2 with my Gran Turismo III A spec. vroom vroom vroom!!!

Or Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies. I always wished to be able to fly!!!

For me however, these things are more of an obsession.

Keeps my idle hands and mind busy though.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I wanna know how to do that!!!!!!!!!!! Where can I get the stuff and how much does ot cost??? I bet Hobby Lobby or Micheals carries that stuff, huh? Sounds like alot of fun!!

yep they even have them at Target.. a whole aisle of them. it's easy and fun, especially when you are doing it for an hour and you can see the picture coming to life. wheee...

• missy04
    missy04
    yep they even have them at Target.. a whole aisle of them. it's easy and fun, especially when you are doing it for an hour and you can see the picture coming to life. wheee...

sounds like I am going to have to try that!!

I get addicted to some hobbies for a while and do them for hours a day for months and then move onto something else. I think I'll go to Target next time I get a chance!!

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

I'm the opposite. I WISH I had time for a boring weekend. I try to limit myself to only 40 hrs per week at my job, but I am always busy doing something and getting busier all the time. Didn't even have time to have fun this past summer. I put a whopping 38 miles on the motorcycle and 14 on the 4-wheeler. What's really sad is that I didn't even get a fishin' license in 2004.

• missy04
    missy04
    I'm the opposite. I WISH I had time for a boring weekend. I try to limit myself to only 40 hrs per week at my job, but I am always busy doing something and getting busier all the time. Didn't even have time to have fun this past summer. I put a whopping 38 miles on the motorcycle and 14 on the 4-wheeler. What's really sad is that I didn't even get a fishin' license in 2004.

Bummer....I hope you get to have more fun this summer!! Wish I had a motorcycle!! My parents have a few friends with motorcycles and every time they stop by, they give me a free ride and I think it's GREAT!!!

By the way, I like yer Id. I am alone in Illinois Feel like it anyway. I'm really starting to get mad at some "friends". It seems like whenever ya need someone, they never have the time to be there for ya...(in person anyway..I think everyone on the board here is great)

But in person, I think I have this aura like "Here I am...use me and pick on me!!..then throw me away!"..

Really mad tonight....can ya tell?!?!?!

~Sarah

*edited because the background around my text was black and couldn't read the text

• codeblue
    codeblue

MIssy:

You are a sweet young girl, don't sell yourself short........your true friends will show up.......why settle for less?

CodeBlue

• seawolf
    seawolf
    By the way, I like yer Id. I am alone in Illinois Feel like it anyway. I'm really starting to get mad at some "friends". It seems like whenever ya need someone, they never have the time to be there for ya...(in person anyway..I think everyone on the board here is great)

I'm more-or-less alone myself. Friends suck sometimes, too.

But in person, I think I have this aura like "Here I am...use me and pick on me!!..then throw me away!"..

With me it's more like written on a piece of paper and taped to my back, kinda like in "Back to the Future" where the "kick me" paper is taped to the back of George McFly's back and the bald principal comes and rips it off. lol It does make you appreciate the good friends when you find them though. I liken it to having a bucket full of cubic zirconia diamonds with one real diamond in there somewhere. When you find that real diamond, get out the ring, put that diamond on it, and show it off to everyone and don't let it get away !

Chillicothe

ehm, wow you are out in the middle of nowhere, with the exception of Peoria, which I've never been to. Lived in Chicago and used to go to Bloomington/Normal a lot and Springfield. seawolf's useless info of the day to follow: The waitresses in the restaurant at the top of the Hilton in Springfield were hot.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

When I "do" something, it ain't boring any longer....

And when I do "nothing" I do enjoy that even more....... not getting dressed, read a good book, have a delicious (never normal)"something" for breakfast-lunch-or-diner, just play computer games....

Hope you find something to enjoy the week-end too.

• under74
    under74

hmmm... I think the most important thing is to stand your ground and stand up for yourself. If people who say they're your friends can't handle that then screw em. Friends come and go, the only people you can really depend on are yourself and your family (provided they are out of the WTS) Don't worry so much about it. You'll meet people you can really consider friends, but remember that when you do meet them you should consider yourself fortunate...because they are hard to come by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit