What do ya do on a boring weekend???

by missy04 51 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

LOL it kinda sucks. I had my first week at my new job (so a little stressed) and my big sis and I had planned on spending the weekend together. Then she decided it wasn't a good weekend when I was all ready.

Anyway, what are good ways to have fun when you're bored and have nothing to do all weekend and no one to go anywhere with? Anybody got suggestions?

~Sarah

• Mulan
    Mulan

rent some movies............clean out a dresser...............work on a hobby...................bake cookies or a great new recipe.

I always have something I've been putting off and try to tackle one of those jobs when I have a long free weekend.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

I cross the street and go to the beach with some cold ones. But thats just me.

• missy04
    missy04
    rent some movies............clean out a dresser...............work on a hobby...................bake cookies or a great new recipe.

Awwwwwwwww, man. And it's a little past ten o clock....the movie store is closed I'll have to do that tomorrow, though. Thanks

~Sarah

I do have a hobby I've been doing alot lately.....anybody ever tried beading jewelry on a loom? It's lots of fun and also very addictive and time consuming.

• GetBusyLiving27
    GetBusyLiving27

LOL - going to a beach with some cold ones would be nice but, sadly, its minus 30 degrees right now where I live.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Mulan... lol... I used to bake scones.

Then I'd sit down, with a cup of hot tea and a scone with cream and strawberry jam, and read my books.

Ahhh, those were the times.

FMZ

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Mulan... lol... I used to bake scones.

Then I'd sit down, with a cup of hot tea and a scone with cream and strawberry jam, and read my books.

Then what you became a guy?

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Mulan, you read my mind!

I love an occasional weekend where I stay in my jammies all day watching movies, surfing the net, reading a good book, taking a nice long bath, and baking something yummy!

I'll find time to attack my hobbies: painting/drawing, making necklaces (I'll have to look into the loom thing you were mentioning Missy), jigsaw puzzles.

And a little time cleaning out closets, catching up on laundry, bills, etc.

Just take it a few hours at a time and do exactly what you want to do at the spur of the moment!

- CF

• codeblue
    codeblue

ah Sarah:

Rent a movie...

Bead that jewelry......sure wish you were close enough for me for a visit.........hope all is going well with you!!!

hugs,

Code Blue

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

are you sure you couldn't hop on a train this weekend into the city for the great apostatefest???? I'm sure there is a train line around where you live.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit