Fear!

by LittleToe 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

thanks J T

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JT,

What we truly are is endlessly vast and without form. No little entity in it's right mind would venture there. For to enter is to dissolve and die.

If that is true then we can never look at out true self if our true self is everything.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Yes, your right Frankie. We can not know our true-Self as we can know some thing which can be held and observed. Our true-being can not be objectified.

What happens is that the same exact consciousness, the closest and most intimate sense of your being, which is reading this now, and which believes itself to be confined within, and as, a body-mind that was born and will die, sees clearly that It is bound-less. It can't be explained or described. In fact, EVERYTHING that can be objectified, explained and described, is not It.

It can not be know as an object can be known. It can be lived. And why shouldn't it be? After all, it is our natural and true Being; as it is that of everything.

That said, everything you do see and objectify, is none other than your true Self. You are no thing. You are everything. You are Infinity.

Don't take my word for it.

j

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

JamesThomas

I do from time to time feel uneasy about knowing more about myself, about my inner nature in particular, because like you mentioned I'd lose my current image of myself. But for me at least, its not because I'm afraid of losing myself. I'm more dreadful of really learning who I truly am only to find something spiteful, bitter, selfish and cold. Is the "good" only a thin layer itself being kept out of fear of the darkness within? If the "good" in that case is a coping mechanism for the fear can it affect some change in who I am as well?

A different point to anyone (and I'm not necessarily talking personally now)

What can a person do to overcome the fear of not being loved by anyone? Assuming they've only ever really known conditional love.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

MS,

What can a person do to overcome the fear of not being loved by anyone? Assuming they've only ever really known conditional love.

I think what we call love for the most part is conditional,,if not in fact all conditional.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm scared.

Seriously, I am scared, much of the time. Scared of what might happen next which will hurt me.

What is good about this situation is that I'm now able to admit that. I went around for a long time pretending to myself that I didn't really feel fear.

Despite this, I try to live by this rule: do not do something if it is driven by fear....and do not omit to do something if the whole reason you don't do it is due to fear. This helps me take the calculated risk, it helps me make a stand against destructive relationships. I may fear loneliness, but I would never be in a relationship with anyone just to prevent loneliness.

Sirona

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I should just highlight that the "little death" refered to here is not "le petit mort"

LOL......in life it always comes down to the "Big O"............

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The thing is fear can be based on real things that can happen, like a tree falling in a storm and causing damage, OR it can be "I'm afraid of the monsters under my bed"

Well, how do you prove there are no monsters under the bed? You have to go LOOK, some people are so wrapped up in their fears that they aren't willing to go 'look under the bed'.... the monsters are Armeggedon, death, destruction, etc... If only they'd look, they'd see that there is nothing to be afraid of and they can quit having ulcers over it all.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    after quelling my initial angry reaction of wanting to confront him....which probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Oops, ya mean that wouldn't be a good idea? (sorry, but that would have been MY first reaction also, Xena........are you a fire sign?)

Terri

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

James:
    I'm pretty hard to offend
    Thanks for those thoughts.

When you strip back the layers of an onion, what are you left with?

Midget:What is the root of the fear?
    Lonliness?
    There's nothing as companionable as the whole universe, and as lonely...

Fear of conditional love?
    Most people (as Frankie states) love conditionally.
    Are you genuinely able to offer more than you crave?

As most fears are examined for what they are, they fall aside as something not to be afraid of at all.

Sirona:Aye, pretending just adds another layer of complexity.
    I liked your points about not letting fear dominate your life.

Terri:Oooooooooooooooh!

JTP:Looking is a fear to conquer, in it's own right.
    I remember it well, from childhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit