Fear!

by LittleToe 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DDog:

Don't laugh to hard, but you can pray for me all you want!

I was laughing with you, not at you

I've never found them lacking.

Is there anything new? I think you'll probably agree that someone can "find Christ" without any book at all (given the oral alternative, aforementioned). Moreover Paul found him with the OT and an experience (albeit he had heard biased reports).

I wouldn't say extrabiblical, But I wouldn't hang my hat on this verse except to say this shows there was a test and it is apparent that he did pass it later on in Acts.

Now, surprise surprise, I don't read it that way - LOL.
    Anyhow, you don't hang your hat on it, so it's all good

Wow! Did I give you the impression that I have no relationship? I quoted that passage to say that I have the same confidence as Paul or I agree with him.

But my question would be, do you have confidence due to his arguments, or due to your personal relationship? Is your faith due to Christ or due to Paul's reasoning?

Remember you asked if I feared having the wrong Jesus.

Noooo! I meant that some fear that "others" haven't got Jesus. I'm concerned about how this makes them act.

What is worrisome to me, is that you seem to base your faith on experience, regardless of scripture. I hope I'm wrong. I believe that my experience should be tested by the sciptures.

On the contrary, I find that scripture attests experience, from relationship through to doctrine

LOL I been bitten by bigger snakes than you! ha! ha! hiss! hiss!

Who ya calling a snake, ya blighter? LOL
    Anyhow, now I'm all disappointed n stuff!

LT, of the "dogging the dog" class

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

I think you'll probably agree that someone can "find Christ" without any book at all (given the oral alternative, aforementioned). Moreover Paul found him with the OT and an experience (albeit he had heard biased reports).

Your point is valid, in light of Hebrews 1. We can find Him most anywhere, learn of Him through His word, His people,and The Holy Spirit. But that is all consistant with the Truth in the Book or the Jesus of the Book.

But my question would be, do you have confidence due to his arguments, or due to your personal relationship? Is your faith due to Christ or due to Paul's reasoning?

Both evidence, what I see and relationship. Same as Paul.

I meant that some fear that "others" haven't got Jesus. I'm concerned about how this makes them act.

I can only be sure of myself, but, when Paul speakes of fear of someone having the wrong Jesus, I think his fear is caused by his love for them, much like his love for his kinsmen in Romans 9

LT, of the "dogging the dog" class

Leave me alone, can't you see I'm chasing my own tail!

D Dog

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DDog:

I can only be sure of myself, but, when Paul speakes of fear of someone having the wrong Jesus, I think his fear is caused by his love for them, much like his love for his kinsmen in Romans 9

So how do you reconcile that with 1John.4:18 ~tongue in cheek~

Leave me alone, can't you see I'm chasing my own tail!

You and me, both, bro

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Czar:

Oddly enough, LOSING control in a controlled way can help - like getting a little sloshed and still maintaining is a powerful act in itself.

Can you elaborate on this?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Yup, turn a reasonable topic like "fear" into a theological discussion and you'll kill it stone dead...

Anyone want to help me revive the topic without the dogma?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

How about catma? Not expected to be followed, just fed and admired.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Here, kitty kitty kitty

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Now THAT induces fear! Hiss spit swipe

• Xena
    Xena

different twist for you LT....

fear for fun

why do you suppose some people put themselves in precarious positions for the thrill of it?

Is it to laugh in the face of fear?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Fear is an impulse used by the ego to protect itself ,,which is good up to a point the problem is where is that point. When you take a deep look at fear instead of run from it,,it seem to loose it's effect,,I here there are people that have such good concentration from practicing meditation that they can see fear and say: "O that is just fear don't take ownership of it and everything will settle down" and just like that the emotion of fear just passes right through them.

I have through altered conciousness experienced stronger surges of emotions I have been hit with compassion that brings me to my knees many times,,I think I'm getting stronger for feeling these emotions,,I've gotten more connected to the human race as well as animals,,I may even become a vegitarian someday not too soon I hope.

I have experienced attacks of fear while in these altered states and pretty much have always thought away the fears by saying: "O that's fear my emotions are at a higher level let me look at it to see what it is telling me about my more submerged self " and then fear just seem to float away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit